Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Getting Nervous

Quote Originally Posted by StarSong View Post
    Airplane take offs and landings.
    When we have flown to Latin America, everybody clapped when the plane was back on the ground.

Emergency vehicles trying to get through a clogged intersection. Somebody in an ambulance could be dying.
    Sliding down the razor blade of life.

Having a police car behind me,I always feel like they're probably running my plate

Quote Originally Posted by Harp Angel View Post
    I always get butterflies before a performance. you would think I would be used to playing my harp in front of people by now. But sometimes butterflies can be a GOOD thing if you use it as a positive energy source.
    I get this. Even after all the time I've put in doing dance performances, I still get that feeling. Rather than butterflies, I phrase it as nervous anticipation. It's the same thing really, but makes me feel better to think of it that way!
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

I'm a long time volunteer in my church business office. Once in awhile,a staff member will ask me to help with a project, in my mind didn't explain in detail what its about,I get nervous.
    When I hear my flight isn't leaving at scheduled time Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Medical needles make me nervous. Ever since I was a little kid getting my blood taken or getting a vaccine, I've hated needles. I've gotten better with age and having being stuck so many times now, but they still make me nervous. It also bugs me watching someone else get stuck with a needle. If they show someone getting stuck with a needle on tv, I usually look the other way, lol.

Traveling--alone, always.

Medical exams of course.

Tax problems

Quote Originally Posted by StarSong View Post
    Airplane take offs and landings.
    Me too! 😂🤪
    "SEMPER FI"

Aaaack! Pilots aren't supposed to say that, oklman!
    “The world needs a sense of worth, and it will achieve it only by its people feeling that they are worthwhile.” - Fred Rogers

There were times when I would have butterflies. Like, taking off in a blizzard in Chicago and landing in Dallas just as an alert was received onboard from ACARS (Google ACARS) that a tornado was spotted at the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport.
    "SEMPER FI"

Quote Originally Posted by Harp Angel View Post
    I always get butterflies before a performance. you would think I would be used to playing my harp in front of people by now. But sometimes butterflies can be a GOOD thing if you use it as a positive energy source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronni View Post
    I get this. Even after all the time I've put in doing dance performances, I still get that feeling. Rather than butterflies, I phrase it as nervous anticipation. It's the same thing really, but makes me feel better to think of it that way!
    I have a life long issue of stage fright, one of the things that kept me from seeking a professional career in the arts. I've frozen mid performance a time or two, but have also sailed through now and again.

Public speaking gives me butterflies, but for reason's beyond my comprehension and at times to my great dismay, people always seemed to love to hear me speak. It was especially annoying when my turn to read came, the teachers would seem to just have me read on and on uninterrupted. Of course the whole time I'm squirming and screaming inside for someone to make it stop.

Then there's blood test, or anything involving having a needle inserted. Needles this too killed off my career choice before it fully began in nursing. I had no problem inserting penile catheters though.
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by john19485 View Post
    [Beet JuiceQUOTE=Rainee;890956]Same as most waiting for blood results . doctor has me on medication and it is not good for you but it helps
    bring down blood pressure .. what it does do is deplete your system of all sodium and potassium .. I`ll have to find
    an alternative but that is what makes me nervous ..
    [/QUOTE]

Ironically, that beet juice you hate is a great source of potassium and other important minerals. I drink a shot a day.

Quote Originally Posted by AprilT View Post
    Snip! I had no problem inserting penile catheters though.
    Yow! I just pushed my toes so hard into the bottoms of my shoes that they are hurting, big time!

Quote Originally Posted by treeguy64 View Post
    Yow! I just pushed my toes so hard into the bottoms of my shoes that they are hurting, big time!
    But really sorry, I didn't have a problem doing it, but I wasn't thrilled doing it either; it was a medical emergency situation, the feeding tubes were much worse.
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.