Broken Sleep Pattern

Broken Sleep Pattern

Lately I've been experiencing interrupted sleep. I lay down around 8 pm and turn on the TV, the fall quickly asleep.I awaken 1.5 to 2 hours later and then can't go back to sleep for hours. I usually doze off again around 3 am an sleep until about 7 am, but awaken groggy and cranky. Two years ago, I had some sleep problems and had a sleep apnea test done. The results were "inconclusive" and stated that if I had apnea, it was very mild, but they gave me a CPAP device anyway. I used it for a year and didn't notice any difference, even then. I found it very uncomfortable and that may have interfered with my sleep anyway. It was also a pi$$er to clean all the time.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

You may have low cortisol levels and could address that with some supplements for cortisol issues. I've had low cortisol most of life and especially when I wake up and this is pretty normal...that's why a cup of coffee gets most of the population going.

I have interrupted sleep but get back after trips to the bathroom and I do take some remedies for my sleep, not pharma drugs, but again it can be low cortisol. Do some research.

Could be a long list of reasons.

IMO the initial sleep of 1.5-2 hours could be a sign that you are binging on carbs and falling into a sort of carb-induced coma.

Carbs could also be the reason for the morning groggy/cranky feeling, sort of a carb hangover.

That's my diagnosis but you would be better off asking your PCP than listening to your old Aunt Bea.

Aunt Bea probably is better at guessing than PCP... I don't do carbs hardly at all anymore, just from veggies and now and then a pizza but cut out so many carbs in my life. Cortisol is low in many and that's my thinking.

I'm not groggy but feel like I was run over by a truck and I think it's aging and pain issues, I was told I have Fibro back in 1999 and there is so much to that one too...so Arthritis and Fibro pain...so m any things to think about.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.