Results 1 to 7 of 7

Glaucoma and Prevention and Supports

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    4,028

    Glaucoma and Prevention and Supports

    http://doctormurray.com/glaucoma/




    https://www.liverdoctor.com/magnesiu...glaucoma-risk/


    As probably you know by now, I'm all for prevention, stop issues from starting.

    Magnesium seems to show up in so many health issues with prevention and there is a lot of information out there about Magnesium Deficiency.

    I don't have eye issues and do take many supplements and many are directed to healthy eyes. I've been "on to magnesium" for a good 15 yrs I'd say. It's my supplement high up on my list of every day "takers"....

    Anyway, maybe some here will "get some of this info".....

    As I see it, the less we do re: Prevention, the richer we make pharma and the doctors and that huge industry.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    central Missouri
    Posts
    4,766
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    As I see it, the less we do re: Prevention, the richer we make pharma and the doctors and that huge industry.
    I agree. I've felt, for a long time, that half of this nations health care costs are due to millions of people who refuse to live a responsible lifestyle. The CDC, for example, estimates that fully 1/3rd of our health care issues and costs are related to Obesity. Add alcoholism, drug addiction and smoking, etc., to the list, and 1/2 is probably pretty accurate. Smokers have had to pay a premium for their health insurance, for a long time, and I would dearly love to see a substantial increase in insurance costs for those who are waddling around looking like a beached walrus, with their gut hanging out a foot in front of them. It seems that everywhere I go, seeing a person who is anywhere near their normal weight is rare.
    "Do Not regret growing older...it is a Privilege denied to many."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    4,028
    Don M, we sure do agree a lot. My high points in my 80 yrs of life, is to stay out of doctors offices...they will find something to make their days' bottom lines. And then there are the forever growing insurance costs and all the moaning and growing in the U.S. to pay for coverage.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    central Missouri
    Posts
    4,766
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    Don M, we sure do agree a lot. My high points in my 80 yrs of life, is to stay out of doctors offices...they will find something to make their days' bottom lines. And then there are the forever growing insurance costs and all the moaning and growing in the U.S. to pay for coverage.
    Yup, I try to take care of myself, so I don't have to fill the calendar with Doctor appointments. I go in once a year for the Medicare stuff, and once in awhile if I pop a vertebrae in my back/neck, overdoing something. I get my teeth cleaned twice a year, and the annual eye exam. Other than that, I would prefer to stay away from these doctors, and Certainly don't want to get hooked on any of these grossly overpriced drugs.

    I'm not a big fan of Socialism, but I would totally support a movement towards SP-UHC coverage....like the rest of the civilized world. People in those nations are encouraged to practice good health care habits. and if they refuse to do so, they usually go to the end of the line, and get a bottle of Generic Aspirin.

    We used to have a Medical Profession, and I even remember when doctors made House Calls. Now, they call themselves the Health Care Industry...and the primary purpose of Any Industry is to Make Money. If you look up the 10 highest paid professions in the U.S., 7 of the top 10 are in the Health Care Industry....that Sucks.
    "Do Not regret growing older...it is a Privilege denied to many."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    4,028
    Profits for sure before people. So much has changed in about the last 30-40 yrs. BIG $$$$.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    149
    Just this year I had an appointment with my opthalmologist. They found I had high pressure within my eyes. I was scheduled for laser surgery followed by eye drops for a day, which turned out well and the doctor said that my eyes are cured. Otherwise I would have developed glaucoma. I think it's wise to at least get a yearly checkup. And also preventive things like vaccinations. My sister just had her first shingles attack. Said it was really painful, worse than childbirth. I felt so bad that she has to endure that. There's a vaccine for that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda W. View Post
    Just this year I had an appointment with my opthalmologist. They found I had high pressure within my eyes. I was scheduled for laser surgery followed by eye drops for a day, which turned out well and the doctor said that my eyes are cured. Otherwise I would have developed glaucoma. I think it's wise to at least get a yearly checkup. And also preventive things like vaccinations. My sister just had her first shingles attack. Said it was really painful, worse than childbirth. I felt so bad that she has to endure that. There's a vaccine for that.
    We all choose our ways to cure. I don't like to support pharma and so I do all I can find to heal myself and not big on vaccines...never had a shingles vac and never had shingles and I'm 80 and had chicken pox as a kid...I know my supps work for me.

    There is a LOT of info on shingles prevention and not talking about the vaccine.

    I have been taking eye supports for over 20 yrs and my eyes are GOOD>

    It takes work on my part and not handing myself over to doctors for their drugs and surgeries. Thanks..

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Glaucoma.
    By IKE in forum Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2018, 05:03 PM
  2. Shingles and Prevention etc.
    By jaminhealth in forum Health
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-08-2018, 03:36 PM
  3. Who supports torture?
    By QuickSilver in forum Current News and Hot Topics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 02:54 AM
  4. Stroke prevention
    By d0ug in forum Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 05:04 PM
  5. Mac supports Windows
    By Phantom in forum Computers & Phones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 07:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum