Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To our older Seniors How did you get to be such a great age?

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    I hit 80 this past August. Parents lived to 91 and almost 96. Neither smoked nor have I.

I thank my supplements and primarily the Grape Seed Extract, it's been lifechanging and has gotten me and kept me out of the doctor's offices. Now if only arthur itis had only come to visit, but the old bugger stayed way past the welcome mat.
    But Jam...did your Parents take grape seed extract and supplements, is that why they lived to into their 90's? I know you keep your brain sharp, that's clear by playing games etc.. .....Oh tell me about the arthur Itis..I already have osteoerthritis in my hands which has caused my hands ... horrible, and I'm only in my very early 60's...

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    In body I am 82, but in mind I am much younger. I smoked 40 years (quit in '89), I drink, cuss and chased the ladies for many years. I've lived through a head-on collusion and many other potential killers, but for some unexplained reason I am still here.
    Jim you've lived through a lot, but I know like Ken you're not well now.. and I'm sorry for that, but a hard nut like you is bound to keep going for a long time yet!!

My parents are almost 89 and 84. I think, for the most part , itís gene related but have to admit that my parents eat well and exercised their entire life. My dad played tennis and other racket sports and my mom did yoga and tai chi. My mother walked their dogs everyday and they both swam regularly in the summers. They both take supplements too.

My father never took supplements at all.... he was a keen 3 meals a day man, no snacks, and he walked where most people would drive. he played lawn bowls, but he smoked from the age of 9 years old but never drank alcohol. he lived till 82 but he had Pd in the latter years and the strokes killed him. My paternal grandmother lived to the same age as her son.. she worked hard,,had 9 kids..never smoked a cigarette in her life and only had the occasional sherry at Christmas , yet she was young in thought and mind and kept as active as she could but no structured exercise. .. My paternal great grandfather lived till he was 92 fit as a fiddle and got run over by a bus on the way to the pub for his daily whisky .

My paternal grandfather was a drunk...and smoked all his life, never took a days exercise apart from the walk to the pub ... and died of lung cancer at 76

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    But Jam...did your Parents take grape seed extract and supplements, is that why they lived to into their 90's? I know you keep your brain sharp, that's clear by playing games etc.. .....Oh tell me about the arthur Itis..I already have osteoerthritis in my hands which has caused my hands ... horrible, and I'm only in my very early 60's...
    My mother who passed at 91 loved Prevention and was always trying new supps for the arthritis she was gifted with. She probably took Grape Seed Ex for the last 5 yrs of her life as that's when I found it and told her about it...she got no more colds and cold sores for those years....So much of life is TIMING.

Dad took no supps but a lot of alcohol, so maybe that saved him...But genes do play a lot.

On the arthritis, it first hit my lower back at 18 and the rest has been history. Hands are the last to feel it OA. I danced and exercised all my life and ate way way too much sugar and carbs, same for parents...sugar and carbs were a big factor in their lives. Boron is imporant for arthritis prevention and our country's soil is very very low in boron. You need to research Boron and OA. Countries high in boron are low in Arthritis.

I just made a post on Solomon's Seal and I just found it the other day from a member of another health group I'm a member. I just ordered my first bottle and would love it to do even a 1/4 of what it says it does for arthritis. It's an herb with a history from England I believe.

On the Grape Seed Ex two BIG issues I'm banking on is that this herbal will keep Dementia and Cancers from my body. You can find a lot of info if you google: Grape Seed Extract and these two horrid conditions. I saw first hand rehab centers and a lot of dementia patients. And then the loved ones who are caregivers. I don't want to be one of them.

Jam....I have OA...and my hands were the FIRST place it hit... in fact so far the only place... although I do feel pain more recently now in my hip..but I've not had that checked out.

I take Boron supplements every day, have done for about 2 years now..

I may try the Grape seed extract...I'll have a little research about it first...

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    Jam....I have OA...and my hands were the FIRST place it hit... in fact so far the only place... although I do feel pain more recently now in my hip..but I've not had that checked out.

I take Boron supplements every day, have done for about 2 years now..

I may try the Grape seed extract...I'll have a little research about it first...
    On the Boron, I've done more research and heard from others and the dose COULD make a different.. I bottle I have says 3mg daily, then I found out about taking up to 9 mg daily and then I choose to take 6mg two times daily. A friend on another group says she heard from others to use: Borongluconate which is more for arthritis help. So I'll be buying that next time.

I share this overview on just what Grape Seed Ex addresses. So so much.

http://grapeseedextract.com/

I think Genes play a large part in how a person ages....But, equally important is adhering to the basic rules of Diet and Exercise. As we age, Keeping fit and active, and keeping the weight near normal limits certainly makes a difference.
    "Do Not regret growing older...it is a Privilege denied to many."

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    My father died at the age of 45 and my mother at 53.

That's an average of 49.

I'm 71.

So I've had my 49 years plus 22 of somebody elses.

So even if I drop dead before my next keystroke I figure I leave the table a winner.
    "Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

Good for you, I hope you get many more years yet!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.