Potential Early warning sytem for Heart attacks

Potential Early warning sytem for Heart attacks

A new method of analysing images from CT scans can predict which patients are at risk of a heart attack years before it occurs, researchers say.

The technology, developed by teams at Oxford University and institutions in Germany and the United States, uses algorithms to examine the fat surrounding coronary arteries as it shows up on computed tomography (CT) heart scans.
    That fat gets altered when an artery becomes inflamed, serving as an early warning system for what one of the researchers believes could be up 30 percent of heart attacks.
    “If you are able to identify inflammation in the arteries of the heart then you can say which arteries ... will cause heart attacks,” Oxford Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Charalambos Antoniades, told Reuters.
    “With the new technology that we have we can achieve this by analyzing simple CT scans.”

read more here >>>> https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-he...-idUKKCN1ME14F

That's an amazing advantage!

Isn't it just, RR ? ... very impressive...

This could keep us from the tests.

http://www.nutritionalmagnesium.org/...heart-disease/

I always hear a commercial for Life Line screening tests, similar to that but I think they check for plaque calcification or build up of calcium in the arteries to warn of a problem. They also do virtual colonoscopies and other tests. I used to get ads in the mail from them, each test was between $100 and $200, if I remember right. My father in law had a major stroke and they said at the hospital that his carotid artery was 99% blocked with calcification, stopping blood to the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    I always hear a commercial for Life Line screening tests, similar to that but I think they check for plaque calcification or build up of calcium in the arteries to warn of a problem. They also do virtual colonoscopies and other tests. I used to get ads in the mail from them, each test was between $100 and $200, if I remember right. My father in law had a major stroke and they said at the hospital that his carotid artery was 99% blocked with calcification, stopping blood to the brain.
    Do you know if he was up on his magnesium? Did he come thru the major stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    Do you know if he was up on his magnesium? Did he come thru the major stroke?
    No, they were both in their 80s and not into taking a lot of supplements as far as I know. I do know that his wife was taking and giving him Oyster Shell Calcium tablets every day, so I suspect he had too much calcium in his system between that and his diet. I refuse to use calcium supplements, except for the tiny amount that may be in my multi. Also use k2, so that calcium I take in from my diet doesn't end up in my arteries. He was half paralyzed and needed full complete care after his stroke, we moved them both in to live with us so we could care for him.

S.B. As I was falling asleep last night, Joel Wallach was on Coast to Coast, and I like him...and I think you mentioned him at one time.

Anyway he is big on NOT having low cholesterol, more dementia/alz with those with low cholesterol. He likes his eggs and talks about that a lot and how many he consumes. j

Jam, Joel Wallach has a nice money-making business going... part of a 28 billion dollar a year supplement craze.

He's a veterinarian and a naturopath, and many think he's a quack. Sorry, I don't trust "doctors" like these.

http://www.skepdic.com/wallach.html

You may have the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    Jam, Joel Wallach has a nice money-making business going... part of a 28 billion dollar a year supplement craze.

He's a veterinarian and a naturopath, and many think he's a quack. Sorry, I don't trust "doctors" like these.

http://www.skepdic.com/wallach.html

You may have the last word.
    I know who he is and what he's done and he's saved a lot of animals and humans. I trust him more in many areas than I do the conventional drug pushers. Thanks.

And those skeptic reviews are probably all funded by pharma and western medicine. They need to dis-credit all those outside their worlds.

And as far as money making people, pharma is the biggest money making going. That's OK....it's truly amazing how the western medicine people love to attack those who make money outside of pharma world.

https://www.amazon.com/Dead-Doctors-.../dp/0974858102

Or we can skip the supplements and eat foods that are high in magnesium, i.e. leafy greens, beans, and whole grains.

Holly - thanks for posting this. With all the political hubub on both sides of the aisle these days, US news seems to miss a lot of important health and science information.
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by StarSong View Post
    Or we can skip the supplements and eat foods that are high in magnesium, i.e. leafy greens, beans, and whole grains.

Holly - thanks for posting this. With all the political hubub on both sides of the aisle these days, US news seems to miss a lot of important health and science information.
    So many think our foods have it all. Good luck with that thinking.

That’s impressive

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    So many think our foods have it all. Good luck with that thinking.
    Thank you. I appreciate your well-wishes. For the record, I take a vitamin D pill each day rather than spending a lot of time out in the sun and also a B12 because I eat a whole foods plant based diet.
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.