Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Horror Movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    One of my favorites Is "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." Oooooh, That babe in the cast ! Pant pant pant.
    I wouldn’t consider “Who framed Roger Rabbit “ a horror.
    Its more in the category of sexy cartoon; but just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    I wouldn’t consider “Who framed Roger Rabbit “ a horror.
    Its more in the category of sexy cartoon; but just my opinion.
    Oh I don't know. It was pretty scary when the villain was going to dip Roger in the vat of ink remover.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Grampa Don View Post
    Oh I don't know. It was pretty scary when the villain was going to dip Roger in the vat of ink remover.

Don
    Yeah ok ok.

I luv em'....the weirdness and creativity that goes into making them is awesome....just cant watch any with little kids and dolls...
    creeps me out too much...the zombie movies are the best and yes I'm a Walking Dead fan
    Delicious Autumn! my very soul is wedded to it...and if i were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking successive Autumns....George Eliot

I have made it a tradition to watch a couple of scary or creepy movies each Friday night in October. Coming up this Friday night is Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte and The Exorcist. I don't like "slasher" type of horror movies but I do make sure to watch the original Halloween this time of year. To me, it captures the feel of Halloween perfectly even though it was shot in Southern California.

I was thinking about the many horror movies I've watched throughout the years. I think a really good horror movie kind of sticks with you for the rest of your life. My granddaughter and I took vacation together this summer and in every motel room she'd poke all the mirrors. I asked her what she was doing. She watched some kind of creepy movie involving a two way mirror. She said the cop on the movie put his finger on the mirror. If there was a gap between your finger and the reflection then it was a one way mirror. One room had a big mirror that she put her finger on it and the reflection was right up against the tip of her finger. She would not go to bed because she was convinced someone was watching us. I finally got my roll of paper towels and duct tape out of the car and covered the entire mirror. I remembered Psycho so then I was checking all the walls to make sure there weren't any peepholes. lol

Hitchcock was superb considering there weren't any computer effects back then. The starlings and crows are starting to show up in Kansas. I watched Hitchcocks "The Birds" when I was a kid and even today when I see birds hanging around in large groups, I get a little chill that goes down my spine. Here's a picture of some of them in the parking lot. Creeeeeeepy!!!

20181010_093613.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dkay View Post
    I was thinking about the many horror movies I've watched throughout the years. I think a really good horror movie kind of sticks with you for the rest of your life. My granddaughter and I took vacation together this summer and in every motel room she'd poke all the mirrors. I asked her what she was doing. She watched some kind of creepy movie involving a two way mirror. She said the cop on the movie put his finger on the mirror. If there was a gap between your finger and the reflection then it was a one way mirror. One room had a big mirror that she put her finger on it and the reflection was right up against the tip of her finger. She would not go to bed because she was convinced someone was watching us. I finally got my roll of paper towels and duct tape out of the car and covered the entire mirror. I remembered Psycho so then I was checking all the walls to make sure there weren't any peepholes. lol

Hitchcock was superb considering there weren't any computer effects back then. The starlings and crows are starting to show up in Kansas. I watched Hitchcocks "The Birds" when I was a kid and even today when I see birds hanging around in large groups, I get a little chill that goes down my spine. Here's a picture of some of them in the parking lot. Creeeeeeepy!!!

20181010_093613.jpg
    I do the same when I see a large flock of birds forming and that creepy song the kids were singing in the classroom enters my mind. Hitchcock is still trolling us after all these years !

Hitchcock was a master of suspense thrillers and horror.

In the creepy people category: I just finished watching M. Night Shyamalan's "The Visit". Two kids get sent to spend some time with their beyond creepy grandparents. It was actually a rather entertaining movie with some suspense, some unexpected twists and turns.

I look forward to seeing the new Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis. She has the absolute best scream ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.