Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Reputation Points

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    LOL.... when I was new, AZ Jim said something that I considered wrong and I gave him a negative rep. His head about exploded!!! I didn't realize the full import or what was going on, as SB just explained- so I gave him extra ones to replace. Attachment 57719

I earned a negative rep point from a very nice person due to some of my overly crass comments on a thread concerning an errant golf ball.
    I gave him a good rep point for it (we both deserved what we got).

There was one member, however, now banned, that did enjoy racking up my neg rep points, then, via PM, threatened finding me and doing hurtful things.
    Told him to hurry, the line is long.
    Drew him a map of my location.

A bit off topic, but I so wish folks that threaten to find me, would follow through.

I get tired of waiting.
    “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Emerson

"Told him to hurry, the line is long"....I think I remember that, but don't remember who it was.

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    "Told him to hurry, the line is long"....I think I remember that, but don't remember who it was.
    I've written it before, but I prolly filched it from somewhere

Well, crap, I just realized what you were alluding to...that thread

I won't tell who it was, as they're no longer here...no fun in that
    Last edited by Gary O'; 10-10-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary O' View Post
    I earned a negative rep point from a very nice person due to some of my overly crass comments on a thread concerning an errant golf ball.

There was one member, however, now banned, that did enjoy racking up my neg rep points, then, via PM, threatened finding me and doing hurtful things.

A bit off topic, but I so wish folks that threaten to find me, would follow through.

I get tired of waiting.

Lot of nutjobs on the internet. I've seen stories on news and Dateline, etc. about people who show up on someone's doorstep or office to settle an online dispute. OR (worse) follow up on an email flirtation. Eeeww.

Gary, maybe they got lost at the fork in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by applecruncher View Post

Well, there IS a whole drawer full

This is the first forum for me where there was reputation points. But then, I haven't been on that many. They are nice to have to be recognized in some way, although at first I thought why not just post the comment to the thread instead of using the reputation point. After all, if you agree with someone I would think that would help the conversation along. It almost seemed to me that the reputation point with a comment was to be secretive about how one felt about what was said instead of outright agreeing or disagreeing (in a civil way, of course). And then it makes you feel like you should reciprocate no matter what. It's still a strange thing to me. But overall, I do like it.
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

I get tired of waiting.
    Gotta love internet tough guys.

Quote Originally Posted by applecruncher View Post

Lot of nutjobs on the internet. I've seen stories on news and Dateline, etc. about people who show up on someone's doorstep or office to settle an online dispute. OR (worse) follow up on an email flirtation. Eeeww.

Or eaten by a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    It was abused in a negative way, giving negative rep to someone you don't like for each and every message they posted which upset those on the receiving end, so this system was put back into place.
    yes I remember that , it was a horrible time...

I remember getting a negative rep from someone, who immediately sent me a PM full of sincere apologies... they'd meant to send a Positive Rep... but their rep was set on negative, and so they accidentally sent one to me..

Although I dismissed it as 'one of those things''..I was shocked that someone would actually have their rep set on negative in the first place.

I have never sent a Bad rep point to anyone despite some provocation at times... I just wouldn't be so childish..I'd rather just say outright that I disagree with a post, or simply ignore it..

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    I remember getting a negative rep from someone, who immediately sent me a PM full of sincere apologies... they'd meant to send a Positive Rep... but their rep was set on negative, and so they accidentally sent one to me..

Although I dismissed it as 'one of those things''..I was shocked that someone would actually have their rep set on negative in the first place.

I have never sent a Bad rep point to anyone despite some provocation at times... I just wouldn't be so childish..I'd rather just say outright that I disagree with a post, or simply ignore it..
    I agree Holly. I don't see how anything good could come from sending a negative rep point to someone, really no need to have that option.

I happened to send one negative point to someone yesterday by mistake. When I went to click on the comment box, I accidentally clicked on the "disapprove" box and didn't realize it until after I sent it. I too followed up with an apology pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    I agree Holly. I don't see how anything good could come from sending a negative rep point to someone, really no need to have that option.

Never have given one, but the last one I got, I earned

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    I didn't even realize there was that option. But now I see it. You make it "I disapprove".

No. I'd never do that. You'd have to be a real a$$#0/e to do something like that.

"Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.