grape seed extract

grape seed extract

does anyone know if you can take grape seed extract if you are on low dose aspirin --blood pressure meds--or valium( menieres disease) i have heard it is good for allergies ---i would ask my pc but iam sure she wouldnt know

Quote Originally Posted by twinkles View Post
    does anyone know if you can take grape seed extract if you are on low dose aspirin --blood pressure meds--or valium( menieres disease) i have heard it is good for allergies ---i would ask my pc but iam sure she wouldnt know
    There is plenty of info on Grape Seed Extract on the Internet....search and read up on it. WebMD says there could be interactions with Aspirin.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/grape-seed-extract
    "Do Not regret growing older...it is a Privilege denied to many."

Yes the docs know....they have a little tablet that shows what natural supplements can minimize the effectiveness of your meds when taken...lots of them are dangerous to take with side effects....I worked in health food stores for years....
    Delicious Autumn! my very soul is wedded to it...and if i were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking successive Autumns....George Eliot

I've been taking Grape Seed Extract for 23 yrs, I do take blood pressure meds (I'd like not too) and ibuprofen for bodywide OA pain issues...lots of stuff happened and I live with too much OA.

Have not bought an allergy drug or gone to an allergist in going on 24 yrs, the doc did NOTHING for me, took money and never got me better.

If one is taking coumodin or other pharma blood thinners then caution on taking Grape Seed Extract.

Here is a great overview on Grape Seed Extract., I don't use this company's product but believe it's very good.

http://grapeseedextract.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PopsnTuff View Post
    Yes the docs know....they have a little tablet that shows what natural supplements can minimize the effectiveness of your meds when taken...lots of them are dangerous to take with side effects....I worked in health food stores for years....
    You mean the drugs are dangerous, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    You mean the drugs are dangerous, right?
    Even tho medical drugs are synthesized, their base makeup could be from natural herbal roots so too much of another herb added can be detrimental.
    Delicious Autumn! my very soul is wedded to it...and if i were a bird, I would fly about the earth seeking successive Autumns....George Eliot

Some benefits of Grape Seed Extract and drug interactions HERE. I am using it daily again after stopping for years, I have no side effects and have no serious health problems or am on any prescription meds.

While the benefits of using this extract are clear, there are some possible side effects of which you should be aware, including bleeding disorders, drug interactions, complications with pregnancy, allergic reactions, stomach upset and dizziness.

• Drug Interactions: Depending on what medications you are taking, grape seed extract could cause some unwanted side effects, including medications for blood clotting or cholesterol. [15] For example, this extract can slow down blood clotting, and lower cholesterol, so it may complicate the use of anticoagulant drugs and cholesterol-suppressing medication.
    • Pregnancy: As an herbal remedy, rather than a formal pharmaceutical one, there can be some unexpected hormonal fluctuations when using this powerful substance. For pregnant women, this can stimulate menstruation, or be dangerous for your unborn child. Speak with your doctor before using this or any other herbal remedy if you are pregnant.
    • Bleeding Disorders: As mentioned, the anticoagulant nature of grape seed extract can cause internal and external bleeding, so do not consume this extract within 1-2 weeks of any major surgery. [16]
    • Allergic Reactions: The concentration of organic compounds in this extract can cause allergic reactions in certain people, even if they aren’t allergic to grapes. The symptoms include upset stomach and diarrhea, as well as skin inflammation, rashes or hives. Consuming an excessive amount of grape seed extract may also cause abdominal pain and discomfort.
    • Dizziness: Some people have reported dizziness, cognitive confusion, and lightheadedness when using this extract, particularly when more than 1 supplement is taken. As with any herbal medicine, only use this extract in moderation, and speak with your doctor or a trained herbalist about any specific risk factors for you.

S.B. I have such a deep Faith in this "grape" miracle and for it I keep away from vaccines, don't get colds/flues and plan that it keeps me from some other nasty health issues. Keeps me from dentists too as my gums are in good health. Grape Seed Ex addresses so much. Good that you are back on it.

Jam, I can't say that one supplement in particular is responsible for any of my good health in my old age, but I think they are a big plus and that's why I've been using vitamins, herbs and supplements for decades now.

As far as colds and flues go, I can honestly say that I have very few instances of them in my later years, whereas when I was younger I was always getting a cold or getting over a cold. They do help the immune system, ones like vitamin C, D3, etc. have done me well.

I put grape seed extract in the same category as turmeric, milk thistle, chlorella, etc. They are not dangerous, fairly inexpensive and on my list to take frequently. Ubiquinol (COQ10)is a good antioxidant and Lutein is good for the eyes, so I try to get those in daily too. Glucosamine, MSM and k2 help keep my bones and joints healthy, also been taking some bone broth daily.

None of us know what tomorrow will bring, so some poor health or physical problem may come my way, I just hope to be able to cope with it and keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    Jam, I can't say that one supplement in particular is responsible for any of my good health in my old age, but I think they are a big plus and that's why I've been using vitamins, herbs and supplements for decades now.

As far as colds and flues go, I can honestly say that I have very few instances of them in my later years, whereas when I was younger I was always getting a cold or getting over a cold. They do help the immune system, ones like vitamin C, D3, etc. have done me well.

I put grape seed extract in the same category as turmeric, milk thistle, chlorella, etc. They are not dangerous, fairly inexpensive and on my list to take frequently. Ubiquinol (COQ10)is a good antioxidant and Lutein is good for the eyes, so I try to get those in daily too. Glucosamine, MSM and k2 help keep my bones and joints healthy, also been taking some bone broth daily.

None of us know what tomorrow will bring, so some poor health or physical problem may come my way, I just hope to be able to cope with it and keep going.
    For me, it's Grape Seed Extract all the way #1 and that's due to the fact we were told at a Pycnogenol lecture in 1995 that "P" may prevent cancer(s). It was just coming to the U.S. from France...then I found Grape Seed Ex a year later and then I found TONS of info on cancers and grape seed extract.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.