Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone Here Live In Or Have Lived In

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    Just a little FYI for all who reply to this Thread, most-to-all of the people here in Florida, haven't got a clue where, or care less "where", the states I'm talking about are. Sort of funny, but the folks we talked to while visiting northern Colorado, care less about anything dealing with Florida, the South or the East Coast. We were actually told this.
    That's kind of sad. My dad was from Florida and I loved going down there every year. I was stationed at Pensacola for three years. I miss the fresh shrimp/oysters, the beach. The only things I didn't care for were the storms and those giant flying roaches that lived in those big pine trees. They were rather frightening. But every state has its own wonderful uniqueness and its own unpleasantness.

Quote Originally Posted by dkay View Post
    That's kind of sad. My dad was from Florida and I loved going down there every year. I was stationed at Pensacola for three years. I miss the fresh shrimp/oysters, the beach. The only things I didn't care for were the storms and those giant flying roaches that lived in those big pine trees. They were rather frightening. But every state has its own wonderful uniqueness and its own unpleasantness.
    Former Navy Aviation? My entire Navy years were on the West Coast, mainly San Diego and Long Beach.

Not really sad, just a fact how people in different states feel about states they donít like and would never live in.

WHAT??????? I forgot "Big Sky Country" of Montana. Can't do that. I've been to Bozeman and Billings. With the Billings Livestock Commission Auction Yard in Billings, seeing cowboy hats is a normal thing. Lots of livestock buyers go to this for all kinds of livestock.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Funny, even though there are seniors that live in all of these states, most of the seniors on this forum aren't interested at all in living in, or possibly even visiting, any of them.

That is where wife and I are completely different than most people here. During my high school years, I was raised in and around farming. I miss it, but only too drive by a farm/farmland, definitely not work on one. Wife never got around farmland or even cowboy stuff, until she met me. Then, that all changed. Now she loves it.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Quote Originally Posted by Ken N Tx View Post
    Born and raised in Chicago, moved to Texas in the 80's and love it!!
    Visited some of those States but felt better at home.
    Same here. Born in Harvey, IL, moved to Blue Island then in 1979 left and wound up in Freeport on a job assignment then quit and moved to Houston and never left,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.