Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Started Going to the Gym Again, Do You Work Out at a Fitness Center?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    I don't work out. Physique is all about diet.
    But exercise is good for your body because of the movement, it keeps all your muscles strong and toned, including the most important muscle, your heart. Keeping your joints moving is good too as we get older, so they stay flexible, and exercise is also good for mental health. They say 'use it or lose it', makes good sense. Diet and nutrition are important factors in the mix also.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    But exercise is good for your body because of the movement, it keeps all your muscles strong and toned, including the most important muscle, your heart. Keeping your joints moving is good too as we get older, so they stay flexible, and exercise is also good for mental health. They say 'use it or lose it', makes good sense. Diet and nutrition are important factors in the mix also.
    Well, yea, I'm busy. I also dance to stuff like this.

NSFW

Keesha, do you have TVs in your gym? There's around 5 or 6 TVs where I go, so when I'm on the treadmill, elliptical or exercise bike, I'm usually catching up on the news, since I don't watch it that much at home. It makes the time go by quickly, and you can get the remote and change the channel if you want to. Usually there's one or two news channels already on, then sports, home improvement, or talk shows.

A lot of people are just plugged into their smartphones and seem to be watching or listening to something on them. In the background there's always music playing, and it's not too loud which is good.
    If I go upstairs or anywhere else in the gym , they have those big tv’s everywhere but I almost always use the main big gym with the track which has no tv’s which is fine because I have a Bose headset on listening to my favourite tunes using an old iPhone so I’m a rockin.’ It really helps me stay focussed and decreases my social phobia. It does however get in the way doing my floor routine.

Im usually at the gym for 2 full hours and the time flies. The only thing I have to be cautious of is not singing too loud

I agree. Being in great shape can’t be done with diet alone. It’s a combination that does it. Most definitely.

I was a vegetarian for 27 years who ate sugar. I once ballooned to 265. My ideal weight is 190 or below. I lost 40 pounds in a month just by radically changing my diet. At the end of the month, my metabolism was high again, so I didn't have to be so diligent. I then cut out sugar and lost 10 pounds in a week. After that, I slowly got down to 200. I've been a vegan for a month, and I'm losing even more fat. That cushion over my tight abs is going away. My GF is digging the definition. I also have good muscle strength and definition in the rest of my body. As for activity, I'd rather be productive and creative than waste my time working out.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.