Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Who do you think are more romantic--men or women?

I believe it is equal in both cases. I am romantic and so is my Husband. I think it's 50,50 !
    I got bit by vampire and I liked it!
    Happy Halloween !

Thinking about it, what romantic is, is more in the eye of the beholder. In other words, one size doesn't fit all, and you need to know or discover what does the object of your affection really consider "romantic". Maybe it really is doing all the little things or like building a cabin or bringing her/him flowers.

Remember Barbra Streisand's "You don't bring me flowers anymore"? Now that's a really heartbreaking, sad, sad song. Romantic is more than just things you feel one has to do for brownie points. If you don't really feel it, then what's the point?
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Agree, Olivia. I don't necessarily see romance in flowers or gifts; I see it in a person's eyes and actions. (Though I am a sucker for a "grocery store bouquet." ) My husband is kind, thoughtful and a great father. Plus, he looks good in his jeans. That's romantic enough for me.

"For the times they are a changin'."
    -- Bob Dylan

I'm the one that kisses first, my wife's not that romantic, she use to be, I remember we were living in a house, we had not put up any curtains yet, I came in the front door, she was standing on the bed butt naked, with a Red Ribbon around her, she said happy birthday, that was about 42 years ago, been married 45 years still going

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    At my house, it's me by a landslide.

You pair............

Quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post

Originally Posted by hollydolly I don't know, but in this house it's definitely my husband.... he always says I don't have a romantic bone in my body...

C'est Moi wrote:

Same here, Holly.
    You pair, I don't know...............come on now, show those lovely guys you've chosen just a little back, its not that hard !

Quote Originally Posted by dkay View Post

I've been single for a very long time. I've always been a bit skeptical of "romance" because sometimes it seems like the guy does what is expected due to hallmark card commercials, jewelry commercials etc. and women develop expectations for the same reasons. I probably wouldn't recognize a truly romantic gesture if I received one. Therefore I think men and women are duped equally. Romance isn't something to be expected, I think it is a spontaneous giving of one's self without any expectation in return. So on a scale of 1-10 in the romance department I probably come in at a -3.
    You make some very good points there which I can relate to, but I remember Sir John Mills, the famous actor being interviewed as to why his marriage lasted so long, and he said he and his wife recognised the need to show one another affection and be romantic towards one another to overcome the likely stresses of a film star life etc.

I may be a 4 on your scale, but others may say a 3 or less.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.