Any avid Cruiseaholics?

Any avid Cruiseaholics?

I'm just curious if there are any avid cruisers on this forum? I have been on 24 cruises to Mexican Riviera, Caribbean Islands, Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, New England and the West Coast.

I have cruised the most on Carnival. Other cruise lines used were Royal Caribbean, Princess and NCL.

Which cruise destination has been your favorite? What is your favorite Cruise line?

Wow, you’ve been on lots of cruises. I’m just a junior member with the league of cruisers. My favorite? Galápagos Islands and perhaps China and a riverboat cruise in Europe. My husband recently passed, so I’m joining a gaggle of senior women who travel solo with one of my nieces on cruises (she is a travel agent). I’ll be having my own cabin (ouch $$$$) to check out cruising/traveling alone.

Debbie in Seattle: First, I am so sorry to read about the loss of your dear hubby.

My mom was the one who introduced me to cruising. She always loved cruising by herself! She was a super social person, so she could make friends wherever she went!

I would love to try a solo cruise, just once! I'm a quiet person, but have often thought it would be fun to just be somewhere where nobody knows me and I can do what I want, when I want on the cruise. But, then again, I may get lonely and bored!! Perhaps a short cruise might be good!

It is amazing how much the cruise lines charge for single occupancy!!

My friends daughter is a travel agent and was telling me Norwegian has a bunch of cabins for singles, they’ve got a great set up. I asked if it was just younger ‘kids’ and she said no, all sorts of folks. I’m not concerned about being alone, for me it’s having to go solo to the dining room.

From what I have seen, the cruise line will at times put other "solo" cruisers at the same dining table. I think it's a good idea!

I’ve never been on a cruise vacation. I’ve only been on ferries.
    My parents used to go on a cruise once a year and the shipped they travelled were incredible. I suppose they all are.
    People say the food on cruise ships is amazing. The Galapagos Island would be incredible to visit.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.