Walmart, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's are recalling thousands of pounds of ready-to-eat salads

Walmart, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's are recalling thousands of pounds of ready-to-eat salads

• Salads sold at Walmart, Whole Foods,Trader Joe's, and 7-Eleven are being recalled.
    • Suppliers recalled a combined 2,811 pounds of ready-to-eat salads on Wednesday due to salmonella and listeria concerns.
    • Corn used in the salads, purchased from a shared supplier, was recalled earlier this week due to contamination fears.

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-whole-foods-trader-joes-recall-salads-2018-10

I stopped buying bagged lettuces and other greens, also cut fruit for some time now, as convenient as they are. Spinach, lettuce, mixed salads....they're all to risky.

It's either fresh or frozen for me, now.

See link for more places.

I was so against buying the bagged lettuces and salads and since I no longer drive and since I deal with messy knee issue and can't stand in kitchen for long bouts, I now get some TJoe's salad kits they are called...shredded lettuce and cabbage and other veggies and I like the Southwestern "kit"...so I'm hoping it's OK.

I have gotten a TJ salad a time or 2, but I don't buy bagged greens because they always just had kind of an off taste to me even if rewashed.
    But I just had to have a little snicker to learn that the same stuff is going into salads sold at lowly 7-11 as it is at snooty- tooty Whole Foods.

Interesting Walmart and Whole Foods are even in the same category. Does that mean they’re from the same supplier but with different names and prices on them?

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by debbie in seattle View Post
    Interesting Walmart and Whole Foods are even in the same category. Does that mean they’re from the same supplier but with different names and prices on them?
    Could be Debbie. Maybe the pricier ones have more of the other items besides just lettuce.

That's strange, can't say I've ever had corn in a salad. I've never bought bagged salads either, just buy the veggies we like, usually organic baby spinach, sweet onions, broccoli, cucumbers, red peppers, etc. and make my own.

Again today

A recall spanning several companies and affecting multiple grocery stores is sweeping the nation prompting listeria and salmonella contamination scares for millions of pounds of food.

Items potentially affected by the scare include vegetables such as corn and onions.

The ready-to-eat and premade foods are sold at retailers such as Harris Teeter, Kroger, Whole Foods, 7-Eleven, Trader Joe's and Walmart.
    The U.S. Department of Agriculture was alerted to the issue by food makers and announced the recall around Oct. 17. The vegetables were all produced by a single company called McCain Foods, according to the USDA.
    The initial recall involved around 217 to 940 pounds of salads.
    Among those products were the Whole Foods' Santa Fe Style Salad with chicken, Trader Joe's labeled BBQ flavored chicken salad and Walmart's Marketside Fiesta Salad with Steak.
    Below are the items and companies issuing recalls:

see link
    https://www.ketv.com/article/massive...nella/24109002

Quote Originally Posted by debbie in seattle View Post
    Probably so.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.