How much time do you spend with grandkids?

How much time do you spend with grandkids?

I love that 6 of my 10 grandkids are in the same town as me.

I spend a lot of time with the 3 youngest of them, my daughter's children...7, 4 and 2. I babysit frequently, take the 5 year old to preschool 3 days a week on my way to work (her mom pics her up) and take various of them for little outings...nothing fancy, but even a trip to the grocery store with Bee (that's my grandma name for this set of grandkids) is a special thing!

My son's girls are 14, 12 and 10. I don't spend quite as much time with them (they have unbelievably busy lives!!) but we have sleepovers several times a year and we girl stuff (hair, makeup, nails, facials etc.) which is always fun. I take them all out to lunch and shopping on each of their birthdays, and they're often over here for family get togethers even when their Dad can't make it. Sometimes we go to movies or other outings.

I visit my oldest son's and DIL'S kids across the country a couple of times a year. They are very gracious and take me on their big vacations...places like Hawaii and such. It's a win/win because I get to spend time with everyone, they get an extra set of hands for 4 kids!! Other times I just fly out there for a few days and visit with them. Disneyland is always part of the visit!

What about you, especially for those of you with grandkids where you live? Do you visit much? Babysit?
    Last edited by Ronni; 10-20-2018 at 07:53 AM.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Not as much as I'd like to spend with my real granddaughter and great-granddaughter as they live several states away. I do, however, spend quite a bit of time with the Spousal Equivalent's two little granddaughters, who I claim as my own.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    My son gave me the nickname "Deadbeat Grandad" That should tell you something.
    "Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

My Grand kids are a few states away but I see them about 6 times a year for extended stays. A lot better than when they lived across country a few years ago.

I love my grandkids....2 of them are older, but see them often...One going to Nursing School but text me often....They both work...

Usually we get together for Sunday Dinner...when they don't have other commitments...

My other 2 grandkids are in school...I do see them often...They are more than an hour away....

We do keep in touch...Especially now the Season is upon us....Thanksgiving at my home and Christmas Eve at my home this year....

Everyone is busy...working and going to school....I appreciate whenever they call or come over to the house....

My 13 year old granddaughter lives with me, so all the time pretty much!

wife just got back from shopping with grand daughter, both of us love our grand children so much.

I've been very fortunate being near my granddaughter. About a year ago my husband and I bought a house close to my daughter and her family. She has one child who is my precious 8yr old granddaughter that I get to see almost every day. I love being close to them . Until we moved we lived only 2 blocks away from our Son and his family. He has 2 boys that I watched everyday after school and all summer long. Both boys are in college now and living on campus. Between school, girlfriends and part time jobs I don't get to see them as much. So that was part of the reason we moved. Now I get to spend time with my little Princess. They are my husband and my precious hearts.

I spent a lot of time with 3 of them when they were babies and up until they were in their teens. Now I see some of them less often than others due to distance and them getting on with their own lives. We are still close though and communicate regularly. But I have one in another state that I have only seen once in my life and that was for a few days. He has 3 of our great grandchildren I have never seen but we do video chats and see lots of photos on FB. Our youngest grandchild lives in Europe and she's almost 12 now. We have week to a month visits every few years. We talk on the phone, video chats and also photos on Instagram and FB.

We live in a different state so we see them once or twice a year. Unless you count FaceTime--we FaceTime once or twice a week (but that's just not the same as seeing my granddaughters in person).

I call my youngest boy, 1.5 year old, RatDog my 2 year old boy,Killer and my 7 year old granddaughter Beautiful! I just had another grandson a few days ago! I spend a lot of time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by genejr1224 View Post
    I call my youngest boy, 1.5 year old, RatDog my 2 year old boy,Killer and my 7 year old granddaughter Beautiful! I just had another grandson a few days ago! I spend a lot of time with them.
    Congratulations!

Used to be every weekend when they were small, then one moved in.

Not very much. They live nearby and I see them often. I realize they'd rather be with kids their own age.

I DO gift them on their birthdays & Christmas time.
    John

both of my grandsons are in their mid 20s and live 2,000 miles away. Haven't seen the youngest for a year, the older one this past summer.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.