Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forgiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    Me too!

We may get along but once the trust is gone it's gone for good!
    I agree. Trust can't be restored.
    I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it.
    Larry

Some things/people don't deserve foregivness.
    John

It's hard to forgive someone when they turn around and take up where they left off with what hurt you as if your feelings doesn't matter to them.

i can do without pain...i let it go and accept the things i cannot change

Yes Gary'O that is true.

I never actually faced them face to face in telling them that I had forgiven them but later I chose to just disown them.It was a lot better for me all the way around.

When I was growing up my Dad told be that if someone did something to offend me to just walk away and stop being friends with them. He said it was their problem, not mine because they lost a good friend but I didn't lose anything. I have followed his advice and I never look back and dwell on what they did. This brought to mind something that happened a long time ago. A so called friend of mine told a lie about me. I never bothered with her again. Then 5yrs later she approached me, apologized and asked and she said she missed having me as a friend. I said that is where we are different. She lost a friend but I didn't.

To err is human,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Sassycakes View Post
    When I was growing up my Dad told be that if someone did something to offend me to just walk away and stop being friends with them. He said it was their problem, not mine because they lost a good friend but I didn't lose anything. I have followed his advice and I never look back and dwell on what they did. This brought to mind something that happened a long time ago. A so called friend of mine told a lie about me. I never bothered with her again. Then 5yrs later she approached me, apologized and asked and she said she missed having me as a friend. I said that is where we are different. She lost a friend but I didn't.

I think your dad was giving you wise advice, as mine used to try to do as well, when he told me "friends don't last forever".

"On the other hand" they do say "To err is human, to forgive divine", so maybe there should be a little flexibility given sometimes, if you can manage it.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamg View Post
    I think your dad was giving you wise advice, as mine used to try to do as well, when he told me "friends don't last forever".

"Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

Quote Originally Posted by grahamg View Post

"On the other hand" they do say "To err is human, to forgive divine", so maybe there should be a little flexibility given sometimes, if you can manage it.

You are right about to err is human,to forgive devine. I called her a few years ago when I heard she had Parkinson's disease . And I occasionally call her still to ask how she s doing.
    I've let the past be the past and I feel very sorry for her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.