Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Christmas presents

Christmas presents

Hi for several years now I've been giving presents to my sister's grandchildren. There's one of her daughter's who I don't see too much. I'm big on manner's, she never acknowledeges the presents, would like a Thank you. I've never expect anything. Should I stop giving them presents?

I would but that's just me. I am big on manners also but so many people have not been taught. I expect a thank you and get them most of the time. If I don't then, they will get a card only. Does not bother me a bit. I always write a thank you note or call when I receive a gift or kindness.

Seems to be a lot of this that goes on at Christmas and on Birthdays. Don't know why, but my 67 yr old BIL does this to us. Unless we call him on Christmas, we'd wouldn't hear from him and many, many times no "thank you" for the gifts we've sent him. This year will be different, because he doesn't want us to know his address...…...for whatever reason. Perhaps afraid we will make a surprise visit, which we wouldn't.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Here's my two cents.I wouldn't waste my time and effort in giving anyone regardless if they are a relative or not a gift when they don't show any kind of appreciation for it.

If they can't take the time to give you a Thank you, then I certainly would not take the time to give them a gift!

Yea, my daughter pointed out that they Never come things we invite them too, but we go to things they invite us too. I don't care to receive anything, that's not Me... I Love giving. I'll rewrite my Christmas list ����

My grandson lives with me, he's 4 I insist on him having manner's, I've seen him correct adults about their lack of manner's. Lol. So looks like I'll be checking my list Twice? Thanks

Thanks for writing, I'm rewriting my list...save some money ����

Absolutely stop!! My daughter's ex long term partner was the same, not one word of thanks for any gift, so I just stopped buying anything for him...

Yea, it's sad that etiquette has gone out the window...my daughter n I have been teaching my grandson since he was a couple of years old about manner's, he's 4 now and opens the door for women...I insist. My nieces kids are old enough to call me and say thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Patnono View Post
    My grandson lives with me, he's 4 I insist on him having manner's, I've seen him correct adults about their lack of manner's. Lol. So looks like I'll be checking my list Twice? Thanks
    You are a GREAT grandparent!! Two BIG "thumbs up" for you!!
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

I’ve got a huge pet peeve about thankless people.
    If someone goes out of their way to do something for you or give you something then it at least deserves a thank you in acknowledgement. It’s especially tough when it’s family or people close to the heart.

Thank you, I'm tired of seeing the lack of empathy and self entitlement these days. Sorry to say that's how my sister's raised her kids and now her grandchildren. When I saw the ones that live with her, when they say me The first thing out of their mouth is "where's my birthday present" and when I gave them a present, they said that's it??? I reprimand them and tell them their Rude

In the last few months I have finally come to the realization that some people I always gave gifts to just do not deserve them anymore. So my list is a lot shorter today.

Mines is shorter too, I found out I had a sister in law who use to throw away the presents I gave her kids when they where little, that they weren't good enough. So I stopped giving them any. Their adults now they call to remind me that their birthday coming and they want a present. I chewed them out, and gave them NOTHING

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.