Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is your talent?

Just thought of a talent I use to have that I'll be nobody on this forum would even try, or think of...………...Team Roping, as in "header". Actually, I had to go to a Roping School to learn this, plus own a horse, of which I did. Back then, rodeo arena's were my major thing, but today, wife and I are simply huge fans of the sport. IOW, my "roping" days are long gone.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

I'm a very accomplished two fingered typist.

2 fingers.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    I used to grow and maintain a beautiful flower garden; used to be a good cook.
    Not trying to be challenging, I promise! But I'm curious. Even if you're no longer doing these things, you're still talented in them, right? I mean, just because you no longer cook, or no longer tend a garden, that doesn't make you less of of a cook, or less of a gardener, at least in my humble opinion.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    I used to grow and maintain a beautiful flower garden; used to be a good cook.

Caution...OT ahead..........sorry.

I have met many folks my age & myself of course, that have just burned out on cooking. Downside...it does make it harder to eat anywhere near healthy.

i crochet and knit on a knitting machine --do some needle work

Well they tell me I have OCD and I am a good organizer and keep the car and house spotless.....Damn I wish I could find a new hobby...I do have about 50 years automobile repair experience...been thinking about buying a cheap car and doing repairs on it and resell it to some deserving person with a hard luck story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronni View Post
    Not trying to be challenging, I promise! But I'm curious. Even if you're no longer doing these things, you're still talented in them, right? I mean, just because you no longer cook, or no longer tend a garden, that doesn't make you less of of a cook, or less of a gardener, at least in my humble opinion.
    Well, I still know how to saddle, bridle and ride a horse. Haven't done it in a long time, but once we live back in Colorado we could rent a couple of horses for an hour. Would never buy another one. As far as my old "roping" talent goes, I still have two ropes I used in rodeo and could still form a loop and swing both, but doing it from the ground only. So, I've still got "some" of the roping talent I use to have, just not enough to compete anymore.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.