Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Going to the doctor

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Milford,OH
    Posts
    1,517

    Going to the doctor

    Which I did yesterday.....Do you ever feel like your being rushed? Both the nurse before him, and the doc himself. They do the vitals, then ask questions, and while you're answering....they are walking toward the door & reaching for the door knob.

    All the while saying , humm, uh-huh, ok, ..........very aggravating/annoying.

  2. #2
    i don't even go to the dr....all they'll do is want to give me every pill they have and every diagnostic test

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,556
    I think, depending on where Seniors live, in a small city/town or a big city, a doctor will have less patients or many more patients. Population dictates that. My wife's PCP told us once, in his office, how many patients he generally sees a week and we were both very shocked........a lot! Of course, currently, we live in a population of 931,000 people in the central area and 1.5 million in the entire area. Where we are moving to, the population is 87,000. Much, much more less.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    i don't even go to the dr....all they'll do is want to give me every pill they have and every diagnostic test
    That's great for you, but there are those of us, like wife and I, that are Diabetic II, or something else, and have to see a doctor two to three times a year to get Diabetic medicine and a couple of other meds for me.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    9,597
    Just make sure your "doctor" is a real honest-to-goodness DOCTOR with "M D" after their name and NOT some other initials !
    John

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    34,416
    I rarely go to the doctor and I have Kaiser insurance. The times I have gone I really don't feel too rushed, they do sit at their computers now punching in info while they're talking to you, but that's okay by me too. I go every several years for bloodwork, and if there was an issue like diabetes, I'd attempt to control it on my own without popping any prescription drugs. Only as a last resort would I start filling scripts. I like my visits to be short and sweet, over with as quickly as possible.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    East Central Fla
    Posts
    176
    We are wimps when it comes to getting our $s worth. If the MD isn't paying sufficient attention to you, think about it, you could die. So vote with your feet if you must but the right thing is to insist (politely) that you are paying for a professional's attention and your not getting it. On the other hand, if you are an attention junkie ...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Milford,OH
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktin View Post
    We are wimps when it comes to getting our $s worth. If the MD isn't paying sufficient attention to you, think about it, you could die. So vote with your feet if you must but the right thing is to insist (politely) that you are paying for a professional's attention and your not getting it. On the other hand, if you are an attention junkie ...

    "attention junkie"...are you kidding me? What an asinine comment....I am talking about seeking the attention of a medical professional....a doctor, my doctor...about concerns I have regarding my health. Nothing more important IMO !!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    916
    My doctor leaves no stone unturned to the point of annoyance. What always has ticked me off is whan the doctors are done they leave you in the exam room and close the door and there you sit until the assitant comes in with your forms or prescriptions. Why close the door? Why not wait in the reception room?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    That's great for you, but there are those of us, like wife and I, that are Diabetic II, or something else, and have to see a doctor two to three times a year to get Diabetic medicine and a couple of other meds for me.
    sorry you have diabetes....i take calendula(marigold flower oil) to stabilize my insulin output from pancreas...or i'd also be on those meds

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    sorry you have diabetes....i take calendula(marigold flower oil) to stabilize my insulin output from pancreas...or i'd also be on those meds
    I use a lot of oils but have not used this one. Just read a couple sites on benefits etc...

    Do you take it internally. Drops of tincture or ?????

    I am of the belief we can manage just about everything without the harsh drugs.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    I use a lot of oils but have not used this one. Just read a couple sites on benefits etc...

    Do you take it internally. Drops of tincture or ?????

    I am of the belief we can manage just about everything without the harsh drugs.
    i take it in capsule form...in the beginning i took it 3 times a week....now...only once and it brought my blood sugar levels down

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Posts
    1,958
    There are a few things that I won't tolerate in a doctor.

    Number one is one that talks down to me. They will never see me again.

    Another kind of doctor I won't tolerate Is the kind that tries to maximize their revenue based on the kind of insurance I have.

    Do they think I'm so stupid that I can't see right through that?

    They will never see me again either.
    "Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    473
    One thing that aggravates me is when seeing the dr first of all the medical assistant comes in & have to tell him or her the story, then all over again to the dr. Or paying a $50 copay to hopefully see a MD Specialist & getting a PA or NP that hears the story & says its serious enough that you have have to come back another day for another $50 to see the MD. I've put a stop to that, wil only accept MD or DO appointments.
    And then there's all those snarky herbs & flowers people who look down their noses at people who want real scientific treatment for their medical problems.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Santa Monica CA
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerette View Post
    One thing that aggravates me is when seeing the dr first of all the medical assistant comes in & have to tell him or her the story, then all over again to the dr. Or paying a $50 copay to hopefully see a MD Specialist & getting a PA or NP that hears the story & says its serious enough that you have have to come back another day for another $50 to see the MD. I've put a stop to that, wil only accept MD or DO appointments.
    And then there's all those snarky herbs & flowers people who look down their noses at people who want real scientific treatment for their medical problems.
    They are not snarky etc as they just don't want to deal with the drug side effects and I haven't met a drug yet that hasn't given side effects....everyone has their choice and it's not a matter of looking down...it's all in your eyes. All the science and pharma = two peas in a pod.

    And I believe if a pharma drug is really needed then I will do that and hold my breath for any side effects that do come on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Doctor Who?
    By BDBoop in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2018, 03:37 PM
  2. dam doctor
    By twinkles in forum Health
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-18-2018, 09:50 AM
  3. Which doctor to see first?
    By debodun in forum Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 02:10 PM
  4. My New Doctor
    By Davey Jones in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2014, 11:16 AM
  5. New Doctor Who
    By Warrigal in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum