Thanksgiving Turmoil

Thanksgiving Turmoil

I'm happy to be hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my home this year. And as usual I ordered desserts from my neighborhood bakery. My sister even offered to pick them up for me, the day before the holiday. This morning she lets me know, she won't be able to stop at the bakery on Wednesday & said she'd call them & tell them my order needs to be ready for pick on Tuesday. Not wanting to serve three day old baked goods to my dinner guests; or hear her insults about how dry & inedible those desserts were.

Once I told her I'd walk down (it's a short walk from my house) and pick the order up myself, she started sending nasty text messages, until I finally turned my phone off. Our father behaved the same way towards our mother, constantly insulting & belittling her. A mutual friend was at my house & watched her fly into a rage over something I had said or done, but when he told her, "You want her to think she can't do anything right," she stopped. I'll be seventy soon & I'm getting too old for this!

Every year, it's always somebody, right?

I'm sorry it had to be you this year, Maplebeeze. Try to rise above it but I know it's hard. Maybe someone will walk by and accidentally spill gravy over her.

she shouldn't be invited....she sounds terrible

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    Every year, it's always somebody, right?

I'm sorry it had to be you this year, Maplebeeze. Try to rise above it but I know it's hard. Maybe someone will walk by and accidentally spill gravy over her.
    With a lot of families, it sure seems that way at either Thanksgiving or Christmas...…..even both.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

My wife's youngest sister could be a real PIA at family gatherings, when we lived in So California. However, for her defense, she was diagnosed as having schizophrenia. After we moved to Colorado, she was no longer allowed at any family get-togethers. But, when we'd fly to Las Vegas for a major finals rodeo, and the family would drive in from So California, the sister would cause problems there as well. My wife's mother would try and control her, but that didn't work at all.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Relax and enjoy your Thanksgiving day!

Ahhh, that time of year, families. Can’t live without ‘em and can’t live with them. I believe every family has at least one of these characters. Happy Holidays.

Thats the thing about trusting and relying on others; they can let you down. You’d hope that family would be more considerate but unfortunately it doesn’t always work out that way. Try and have a great time despite the set back.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Holidays bring out the worst in families, I've found.

In my extended family, alcohol was usually the catalyst for trouble.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.