Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I wont fight to see grandchildren

Quote Originally Posted by MeAgain View Post

Hi grahamg,

I've been reading this thread and not sure I have an answer to your problem. I will say that many of us have or have had similar problems with our kids.
    IMO courts are not the place to resolve family issues.
    And it also seems that much of the family issues are world wide now and society has lot to do with it.
    I read that some nations are suing their kids for not visiting them.
    My problem with my kids is their grandkids can't do wrong. One is raising her two grandsons which for first 8 yr.s could do no wrong aka spoiled and unruly. Now they are getting more correction and acting better. If you do get to see your grands, just remember if you want to get along with any of them "kids rule " now. Not so much just 20 years ago.

Good luck hope things go your way soon.
    Very heart warming response, so obviously thank you very much for those kind words, and details you've witnessed.

My parents were funny when it came to my brothers children, or my many sisters children (seventeen grandchildren in total, at the last count they had, though everyone past breeding age now, so I don't know why I said that really). I think it fair to say they enjoyed seeing all their grandchildren, and there was one lovely granddaughter no one was allowed to criticise because of my youngest sisters attitude. Even my dad, who didn't hold back much, did keep fairly quiet when she behaved in a spoilt manner, though my parents took to hiding all the sweets or chocolates in a very high cupboard to prevent her seeing them, or demanding them. My niece has turned out very well I'm glad to say, but yes there were many occasions when she visited my home, that it was no pleasure "being ruled by her" essentially, till she got old enough to show a much better side to her character (another child totally alienated from her father I have to say though, and there is little or no doubt who was behind that situation).

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post

LOL>..well I wouldn't say my life has been well ordered,..far from it graham..but thank you for the compliment..

I just don't like to see you getting yourself so upset about it all, that you're taking your frustrations out on those whose opinions you're hoping will help... do take care!!
    Me upset?

Well yes, I know what you mean, but as I keep saying things could definitely be much worse (think of those excluded parents/grandparents/fathers who know or fear their children are suffering in some way and they can't help them).

Now, can I amuse you, well this may not be funny exactly but worth relating even if not amusing.

My daughter came to stay with me on a few occasions (very few really, maybe once or twice at my parents farm, one to East Yorkshire where I used to live for a couple of years, and once to Wiltshire where I also lived for a time). On her visit to Wiltshire she played me up quite a bit, but I had a very good hearted girlfriend at the time, who my daughter seemed to like (telling her she'd make a "trendy mum"! - Others suffered adverse comments, such as one told "You wont last long!" ).

Anyway, when we arrived down in Wiltshire we visited a pub near to Stonehenge, where I'd stayed when I moved to the area, and knew the landlady well (she's still a very good friend). My daughter wished to make sure no one in this pub could say that she was enjoying herself being with me (see my comments on this in one of the above responses to other forum members). My daughter got up half way through drinking her orange juice to announce to complete strangers "I want everyone to know I hate him, he's horrible!", and then satisfied she'd made her point, or her conscience satisfied she sat down to finish her drink.

Though a first, she'd made the same comments over a protracted period to my family, but here's the rub, (before the "examine what you've done lobby" jump into gear), she said at the same time "Keep coming daddy" - totally unaware of the obvious contradiction. Daddy kept coming as long as he was allowed, but that's a story I'll leave for now (for fear of boring RR even more, if nothing else ).

How old was your daughter when she had the little tantrum in the pub.?..older than 10 then it was completely unacceptable.

well that is the worst thing I have heard from someone /or a kid / somewhere along the lines she's either been fed lies ' but besides that - I have to say please or offend she needed a good slap -seems like your daughter lost her manners somewhere ' a lot of hatred for someone so young - sounds spoilt or brainwashed 'the mother is a lot to blame as I see it ' and you to for letting her finish her drink and ignoring the humiliation ………..so now she is older -nothing has changed !!!!!

How old was your daughter when she had the little tantrum in the pub.?..older than 10 then it was completely unacceptable.
    I'd find it more interesting to know why the daughter is so angry. We are only hearing one side of this mini-drama.

"It isnít pollution thatís harming the environment. Itís the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
    " -- Dan Quayle

Not an unexpected response there

Quote Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post

I'd find it more interesting to know why the daughter is so angry. We are only hearing one side of this mini-drama.

One day, you never know, you may get to hear the other side of the story if that is all that will satisfy you.

I do know that there are some professionals working in the family law field, who even refuse to accept the "other side of the story", when the now grown children say they were making up stories against their parents "to satisfy them", or get away from their never ceasing questions. "Do you want me to believe those little children lied" is the puerile response of people/professionals responsible for messing in such a serious way with the family lives of numerous parents and children here in the UK

I'm not meaning to impune all professionals here, most obviously do not behave this way, but the reputation of one group of them could not be lower in the eyes of a whole host of fathers/mothers/grandparents groups who attended a meeting in Westminster fifteen years ago, attended by our current prime minister Theresa May.

My daughter was probably between 8 and 10, when she used to say her "party piece".

It did start to wane a bit when one of my sisters responded to her by saying, "you can't tell us our brother's horrible, because we know he's not", or words to that effect. My mum was funny about it too, and just emphasised it was her son she was criticising (my daughter's response was that as I was her dad she could say what she liked). Amongst all this nonsense there were so many good, positive things happening too, lets not forget. My daughter was chosen as "Safety monitor" at her school - maybe not the most glamourous position for an eleven year old, but indicating perhaps how mature she was. She was also chosen to assist a young Russian girl who came to their school, and needed help understanding the lessons.

I will tell just you, as I know you're a friend, that I did once push my daughter to say whether she loved me or not? "Deep down I do", she said, and I couldn't have wished for more could I, especially in the circumstances being faced, and if it meant she chose not to tell anyone else so be it (not that everyone on the forum would believe it without hearing from her of course ).

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post

well that is the worst thing I have heard from someone /or a kid / somewhere along the lines she's either been fed lies ' but besides that - I have to say please or offend she needed a good slap -seems like your daughter lost her manners somewhere ' a lot of hatred for someone so young - sounds spoilt or brainwashed 'the mother is a lot to blame as I see it ' and you to for letting her finish her drink and ignoring the humiliation ………..so now she is older -nothing has changed !!!!!
    This has changed, and odd as it must seem to anyone reading this thread, and is to me too, my daughter came to my father's funeral (her grandfather obviously), two years ago and stood beside me, and behaved pretty much "as though she'd never been away" !

Since then she's refused to accept presents I'd left at my former brother-in-laws house for her sons, and once again that seems a big contradiction doesn't it.

Earlier in this thread I said I agreed with the first one of the responses I'd been given to my four questions, and that explains as well as I'm able to why I behaved as I did when my daughter chose to "humiliate me" in front of a pretty scarcely populated pub. The "humiliation" was a flea bite really, and the reaction of the young woman behind the bar was one of amazement, perhaps at the level of confidence my daughter showed being prepared to do it, and no one took it seriously. Why she felt the need is perhaps the most pertinent question, taking away whatever anyone wants to infer I'd done wrong, but if my daughter correctly assumed she wasn't permitted privacy concerning her relationship with her father, then I'd say that goes some way.

reading all these pages -i think you are the only one who knows what went wrong ' us on the forum are picking at it to what we think incl me ; clearly you dont like feed back - so best live with what you have now …...end !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.