My old Presto pressure cooker has served me well.

My old Presto pressure cooker has served me well.

My Presto pressure cooker is 46 years old. I bought it along with my Duncan Hines cookware that I still use from when we first got married. I remember making baby food in it. I use it from time to time especially around the holidays and for foods that take a long time to cook.

Yesterday I made the turnip for Thanksgiving that I froze and I will make the mashed potatoes in it on Thanksgiving Day. It frees up the stove and cooks them quickly.

My Dad replaced the legs over 20 years ago and I think I went through 2 or 3 gaskets and safety valves which I can still buy.

The newer models have a quick release for the steam. I have to pick this one up and put it in the sink and run cold water over it to release the safety. I suppose the newer ones are digital also. I prefer the old rocking method of the weight on top.

The newer ones are smaller than mine. I can fit a huge pot roast inside or even 5 pounds of potatoes.

It is beat up as you can see but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I really think it will out pressure cooker. (800x600).jpglive me.

I never became very skillful with a pressure cooker. I use mine only very rarely.

Looks like the one my mother used for years. I never used one.

I have an old stovetop Presto that I have loved for years. Of course now I use an Instant Pot that is much easier to deal with. That old electric looks really cool, Ruth.

"It isnít pollution thatís harming the environment. Itís the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
    " -- Dan Quayle

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.