Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Finding Love Later In Life

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    This definitely didn't work out from my BIL (wife's brother) who got together with an old girlfriend he hadn't seen in 40 years. He stayed single and she married and had kids. Even though he was born and raised in a snow area, he really dislikes "Old Man Winter" and has been living in southern Florida. She lives in a part of Louisiana that can get some light snow and does get cold. Last year, after visiting her twice, they both decided that he should move up to her home in Louisiana. Quit his full-time job, that he told us he was going to lose anyway, and spent the money to have his car transported as well as renting a van to move his stuff up there. Everything went fine until the light snow and cold weather hit. It had been way to many years since he'd lived in that weather and found out that 40 years is just too many to re-kindle an old relationship.

She told him he had to move out! So, he had to spend the money to have his car transported back to south Florida and money to bring his stuff back there as well. He really misses her, but says he will only visit her again sometime. Will see how that turns out.
    What an unfortunate outcome. I have a friend who went through something similar. It didn't turn out well either. Thank you for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronni View Post
    Leann, I recently became engaged to a man I met while I was out zip lining of all things lol!! I'm 65, he's 72. We're both fit and active (obviously! ) and have had so much fun doing all the things we both love together. He surprised me with a marriage proposal, and I wasn't sure what to do about that, because I'd never intended to fall in love again and certainly I was never going to marry!!! It was one of my early posts here, asking for advice.

I kind of feel the same way about my fiancÚ. I am still bemused by the fact that this happened and we found each other after being single and unattached and happily pursuing our own individual lives for many years!

I wish you much success with your man. Enjoy this to the fullest!!
    Congratulations, Ronnie! And zip lining? You have definitely earned my admiration! Love sometimes finds us when we aren't looking. When are you getting married?

Great attitude Leann. Sounds like you've got this figured out. I wish you the best.
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.