Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Broke my ankle bones in two places....

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    No one knows for sure what we should be doing, we're all different and heal all differently.

Sounds like you are doing your work, and I never thought I'd be where I am when I opted for THR.....never...
    Yes everyone heals in different time frames, just like not every otc product or medical script works the same on each of us....I think the docs already know this from experience and some do admit it....some dont....

Goodbye March, hello April....with your weather of rain and sunshine both together....

Ankle update: I've advanced to the awkward Walker then to the walking Cane in the last month.....I still have weakness, achiness and pain when mobile....physical therapy has been extended to end of May for now....thats Always painful but so knowledgeable and helpful in this progression....my grown kids and grandkids are more excited about my progress than I am

Goodbye March, hello April....with your weather of rain and sunshine both together....

Quote Originally Posted by PopsnTuff View Post
    Ankle update: I've advanced to the awkward Walker then to the walking Cane in the last month.....I still have weakness, achiness and pain when mobile....physical therapy has been extended to end of May for now....thats Always painful but so knowledgeable and helpful in this progression....my grown kids and grandkids are more excited about my progress than I am
    This has been such a journey for you Pops, yet you always seem upbeat which I so admire. I'm happy you've made such progress. I know you want more and right away, but you'll get there. Keep up the PT.

Thanks RR and yes its taking forever....my mental state wasn't upbeat in person until a few weeks ago but I'm glad to hear you see me otherwise...thats what I luv about these sites....can pretend a little that our moods aren't as bad as they really are, lol....

Glad you are doing better PopsnTuff. That was quite the break and quite the progress you’ve made.

Good for you!! I know about PT and OT therapy. There were times I hated my therapists and told them so. The pain was that bad. They would just be nice and say they understood ! Others can see your progress faster than you can as that was my situation also. The day I took that first step with my cane was a glorious day. Everybody in the gym clapped for me and I made progress everyday from there. I hated those baby steps when I was used to running everyday! You have to start somewhere and you are way ahead!!

Quote Originally Posted by PopsnTuff View Post
    I'm happy to hear you have improved so much, and I hope you continue to get better with the therapy. You did have a seriously bad break, in the worst way, so it's good you've come so far. Hope you keep doing well, hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Glad you are doing better PopsnTuff. That was quite the break and quite the progress you’ve made.
    Thanks Keesha...feels like the progress will go on forever till eternity, lol....xo

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    I'm happy to hear you have improved so much, and I hope you continue to get better with the therapy. You did have a seriously bad break, in the worst way, so it's good you've come so far. Hope you keep doing well, hang in there!
    Thanks SB....the get better wishes make me feel more upbeat, so onward and upward xo

Quote Originally Posted by terry123 View Post
    Good for you!! I know about PT and OT therapy. There were times I hated my therapists and told them so. The pain was that bad. They would just be nice and say they understood ! Others can see your progress faster than you can as that was my situation also. The day I took that first step with my cane was a glorious day. Everybody in the gym clapped for me and I made progress everyday from there. I hated those baby steps when I was used to running everyday! You have to start somewhere and you are way ahead!!
    Thanks Terry....you've been there and done that I see, now its my turn, lol....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.