On The Replacement Parts Industry!!!

On The Replacement Parts Industry!!!

Since I've had so much misery with hip replacement a friend on another group sent me this info today, so thought I'd share it here. Beware of replacement parts world.

((((I don't blame you for resisting a knee replacement.

The medical device industry is much more powerful than even the pharma industry. They rush devices to market with practically no testing. The approval process is so lenient that it's ridiculous.

I recently watched a documentary about it called "The Bleeding Edge". One person featured is an orthopedic surgeon who had to get a hip replacement. He began having serious health problems after that, seemingly unrelated to the hip. Long story short, he had to investigate it himself. He traced the problem to the metal in his hip replacement. Metal content in his blood was very high. He had to get his replacement replaced and when they opened him up, they found that the metal in the joint was leaking a sludge that had dissolved some of his tendons.

He was seeing unexplained symptoms in his patients too, and now he helps people get their replacements replaced with a safer alternative. Not ideal, but the best that can be done.

The doc, "The Bleeding Edge" is on Netflix. If you don't have that service, maybe someone you know has it and would allow you to sign into their account to watch it --- or you could do a free 7 day trial and watch it. You can watch it on your computer. I wish everyone would watch this. Most of us don't know what is going on in the device industry. It's disgusting.

I don't doubt that some of your issues could be related to your hip replacement device, and why you are reluctant to get another one.))))

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    Since I've had so much misery with hip replacement a friend on another group sent me this info today, so thought I'd share it here. Beware of replacement parts world.

((((I don't blame you for resisting a knee replacement.

The medical device industry is much more powerful than even the pharma industry. They rush devices to market with practically no testing. The approval process is so lenient that it's ridiculous.

I recently watched a documentary about it called "The Bleeding Edge". One person featured is an orthopedic surgeon who had to get a hip replacement. He began having serious health problems after that, seemingly unrelated to the hip. Long story short, he had to investigate it himself. He traced the problem to the metal in his hip replacement. Metal content in his blood was very high. He had to get his replacement replaced and when they opened him up, they found that the metal in the joint was leaking a sludge that had dissolved some of his tendons.

He was seeing unexplained symptoms in his patients too, and now he helps people get their replacements replaced with a safer alternative. Not ideal, but the best that can be done.

The doc, "The Bleeding Edge" is on Netflix. If you don't have that service, maybe someone you know has it and would allow you to sign into their account to watch it --- or you could do a free 7 day trial and watch it. You can watch it on your computer. I wish everyone would watch this. Most of us don't know what is going on in the device industry. It's disgusting.

I don't doubt that some of your issues could be related to your hip replacement device, and why you are reluctant to get another one.))))

Thanks for the heads up on this Jamin. Now a days we have to watch out for lots of things so it is good to keep a look out.

I found this on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/slmilObZl28

https://youtu.be/NdR6rObPUgY

MeAgain

And we put so much trust into the hands of our doctors and they walk away with the money and we try to walk. Thanks for the videos.

We used to have a "Medical Profession". Now, the common name is the "Health Care Industry"....and the primary purpose of Any industry is to Make Money. Excessive use of prescription drugs, and needless surgeries do little other than to line the pockets of the corporations which have taken over our Health Care system. I hope the day comes when our people wake up and demand a SP-UHC system, based upon Prevention...much like the rest of the civilized world uses.
    It's been Scientifically proven that those who have more Birthdays, Live Longer.

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    MeAgain

And we put so much trust into the hands of our doctors and they walk away with the money and we try to walk. Thanks for the videos.

So true. It is always good to do your own research.

Trust but verify. Haha.

You can do research until you are blue in the face but we'll never know what goes on behind those corporation doors and the bottom line jugglers...it's our bodies and we hand them over electively as we do with all these replacements.. My mother hobbled into her last days in 90's but never any replacements, I hobble now and live with a nasty replacement out of the hip. And I'm 80.....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.