Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some Notes On Germs During This Flu Season

Quote Originally Posted by Gary O' View Post
    S-o-o-o-o-o-o-o, licking the cookie crumbs off the checkout counter is out, probably….

Serious, I’ll take my chances with what’s left of my immune system

Never had a flu shot
    Never got the flu
    Haven’t had a cold for years, maybe decades

I do hate hospitals
    sickness is there
    Same here, but I did catch the first cold in years while on holiday in Germany. (Must have been "German Sneezles" ).

And what's this about not touching your face? How am I going to scratch my beard?
    We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time

Don't put your hands in your mouth on your mouth....shave the beard way down....ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    More words to the wise:
    . Wash your hands FREQUENTLY - especially before eating - with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds.
    That is the secret. You touch your face or your nose and you get the germs in your system.

Don't shake hands with anyone during the flu season.

The less interaction with people the lesser your chances of getting the flu. That was my position with my doctor. His was "you are 70 it could kill you." He won I got the shot.
    Last edited by fmdog44; 12-05-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
    The less interaction with people the better your chances of getting the flu.
    Now that's a position I've never heard before. I would really be interested in hearing more about that.

The less interaction with people the better your chances of getting the flu. That was my position with my doctor. His was "you are 70 it could kill you." He won I got the shot.
    Boy some docs are great at the fear tactic...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Now that's a position I've never heard before. I would really be interested in hearing more about that.
    My mistake is corrected

The less interaction with people the lesser your chances of getting the flu. That was my position with my doctor. His was "you are 70 it could kill you." He won I got the shot.
    I haven't had the flu or even a cold worth mentioning in many, many years. Last time I had the flu was when I was taking the shots, decided to stop a long time ago. I agree with you that the less interaction with people, the less likely you are to contact viruses, etc.

I just use common sense, wash my hands whenever I come home from being out somewhere, use the wipes they provide for the shopping carts if available, and try to keep my immune system strong, using supplements like D3 and vitamin C helps too. So far so good at 65, I don't know if you would die from the flu, maybe from complications like pneumonia?

I never say never though, there may come a time in my future when I decide to start getting them again for some reason, basically it's just a personal choice for every one of us.

Once one's immune system is weakened, we are open for just about anything that is popular in the sick world. My immune system is top notch. I keep it that way.

When I was in hospital/rehabs in 2017 for knee infection I thought if I got sick it would be there and I did not...did get a nasty cough for a while but robatussin got rid of it. Talk about sickness.

You know those new high power hand driers in restrooms well the buzz on those is they are too powerful so they raise the dirt/dust off the floor. Seems no matter where we go and what we do we are one step from death.

You know those new high power hand driers in restrooms well the buzz on those is they are too powerful so they raise the dirt/dust off the floor. Seems no matter where we go and what we do we are one step from death.
    The dust will help blow some of those germs off your face that flew up when you flushed the public toilet....every gray cloud has a silver lining.

Oh grab some paper towels.

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    Oh grab some paper towels.
    The gym I go to doesn't have any paper towels, only the air dryers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.