Why you shouldn't exercise to lose weight

Why you shouldn't exercise to lose weight

Having been overweight for decades, I also find my attention caught by subject lines like this. “Lose weight the easy way.” Or so it seems.
    But, read on.
    It goes ahead to list 10 explanations, which I’m not about to list here. But,l I will give you a couple.
    3) Exercise alone is almost useless for weight loss

9) The government and the food industry are doling out unscientific advice
    Well, actually there were only 10.
    10) So what actually works for weight loss?
    If you embark on a weight loss journey that involves both adding exercise and cutting calories, Montclair's Thomas warned not to count those calories burned in physical activity toward extra eating.
    "Pretend you didn't exercise at all," she said. "You will most likely compensate anyway, so think of exercising just for health improvement but not for weight loss."

Bah! Calories in, calories out. No other way to lose weight, other than starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by treeguy64 View Post
    Bah! Calories in, calories out. No other way to lose weight, other than starvation.
    For sure! Sitting around all day, while munching food, and doing little or nothing to burn those calories is a sure way to put on excess weight. Over the past couple of decades, I've seen several of my old friends go downhill because of their sedentary lifestyles....and putting on substantial amounts of excess weight led to months/years of health problems which eventually led to misery in their later years.
    It's been Scientifically proven that those who have more Birthdays, Live Longer.

Quote Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post

Having been overweight for decades, I also find my attention caught by subject lines like this. “Lose weight the easy way.” Or so it seems.

But, read on.
    It goes ahead to list 10 explanations, which I’m not about to list here. But,l I will give you a couple.

3) Exercise alone is almost useless for weight loss

9) The government and the food industry are doling out unscientific advice
    Well, actually there were only 10.

10) So what actually works for weight loss?

If you embark on a weight loss journey that involves both adding exercise and cutting calories, Montclair's Thomas warned not to count those calories burned in physical activity toward extra eating.
    "Pretend you didn't exercise at all," she said. "You will most likely compensate anyway, so think of exercising just for health improvement but not for weight loss."

All of this @ https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...ies-1271144769

My doc asked me once what I was doing for exercise . I said well today I just took a long walk. How long, he asked? I said just about an hour. He said well that's about two Twinkies . He went on to say that the calories to exercise ratio is way overblown.

I said well on most other days, I do allot more, and noted roughly what that was.......he said OK four Twinkies.

I still maintain it's all about genetics &/or metabolism.

I have a photo of myself at about ten years old. I was skinny as a bean pole. Well now I am several bean poles.
    My genetics haven't changed, so I'm thinking metabolism must be the culprit . Matter of fact some medical / blood test confirm it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.