Ewwwwwww !

Ewwwwwww !

Visiting a friend at a Residential Home this morning, I went to make us a coffee, some of the carers were in the kitchen so I grabbed what I needed and made the drink quickly, no trays and, with the kitchen at the far end of the building, I struggled not to spill it walking back, I finally sat down and took a sip only to realise I’d used salt instead of sugar !

Anybody else mistakenly used the wrong ingredient for a meal or drink ?

Not my mistake!

My son one year as an April Fool's joke replaced the sugar in the sugar bowl with salt. So yeah, I can relate!!
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Not exactly the same thing but my husband once left some preparation H on the bathroom counter that I used instead of toothpaste. I can honestly say Id rather have had the salt instead of sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Not exactly the same thing but my husband once left some preparation H on the bathroom counter that I used instead of toothpaste. I can honestly say Id rather have had the salt instead of sugar.
    Did it eliminate any toothaches and/or pain in the gums????

Keesha,

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Did it eliminate any toothaches and/or pain in the gums????
    Ummmm NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Keesha,
    I know.

Not that I can remember, but I have messed up the order of some steps to a recipe.

Not a very nice thing to do, but when we were goofy teens, the thing then was dump the salt shaker into the sugar holder. Not exactly a felony, but not nice.
    He who has not Christmas in his heart, will never find it under a tree.
    Roy L. Smith

‘Not exactly the same thing but my husband once left some preparation H on the bathroom counter that I used instead of toothpaste’

My mum did the same with a tube of hair removing cream

I once grabbed the Pledge and sprayed it on my hair instead of Hairspray... *yikes* I nearly choked on the smell... but I'm sure it made my hair nice and shiny...

As a little kid, I put buttermilk in my breakfast cereal. That would gag a maggot!

When I was nineteen or maybe twenty I woke up with one of the worst hangovers that I've ever had to date after a night of drinking homemade Vietnamese hooch, fumbling around I grabbed a tube of what I thought was toothpaste but it was actually Brylcreem.......being badly hungover the inside of my mouth already tasted like a sack full of sweaty old gym socks and the Brylcreem only made it that much worse.

I've done the salt thing.I remember my dad once complaining the shampoo didn't give much of a lather.It was suncream..

In boot camp we weren't allowed to use aerosol shaving creme. The stuff we had to use came in a toothpaste-style tube. Once, in the sleep-deprived state familiar to all boot camp survivors, I grabbed the wrong tube . . . ONLY ONCE!

In our old homestead, before we had running water and indoor toilet, my job was to empty the old chamber pot, you newer members ask an older person what that is, each and every morning. Being young and dumb, I often forgot. After about 3 days of missing to do my chore, things started getting a little ripe. Ewwwww....Then it dawned on me I’d better do it now before mom comes up in my room.
    Down the stairs I went, prize in hand, and lost my footing. The scene was not a pleasant one and my mom went through the roof. Spent the rest of my day cleaning and apologizing to my mom.
    After things calmed down, she told me if it happened again, the pot would go and I would have to go to the outhouse about 50 feet away. It didn’t happen again and soon after, we ran indoor plumbing and a shiny new toilet.
    He who has not Christmas in his heart, will never find it under a tree.
    Roy L. Smith

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.