Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I live in Oregon... where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by guyrunningaround View Post
    I live in the city of Preston, about just over one hour ride on the bus is the world famous Blackpool tower.

guyrunningaround, I had never heard of this. Looks like a fun place to explore, very ornate inside. You are near Liverpool... I'm trying to teach my granddaughter who the Beatles are/were. Right now we are learning "I want to hold your hand"...

Quote Originally Posted by Yongy View Post
    I live in North Wales.
    Yongy, a part of the world that is very old and full of legends... lots of castles and history!

Quote Originally Posted by hiraeth2018 View Post
    terry123, you must hear a lot of air traffic/jets overhead? I have heard a few time on this thread how dirty the gulf waters are... it's too bad.
    Yes, there are times it can be quite noisy but its not something that happens constantly. It sort of makes me feel safe knowing they are protecting us.

hiraeth, I was born in Portland and spent 30 years of my life in various parts of Oregon. My husband and I are kind of sorry we ever left. I did a painting of Multnomah Falls when I was first learning to paint back in the 70s. I live in Calfornia and I am close to Sequoia and Kings Canyon Nation Parks. I've traveled with my husband on his job and have spent a few months in many different states. We both loved to travel and are kind of sorry he retired when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by hiraeth2018 View Post
    Yongy, a part of the world that is very old and full of legends... lots of castles and history!
    Yes it does, and of course some people speak Welsh as well. We have lived in Wales since 1990, and have no wish to live in any other part of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    hiraeth, I was born in Portland and spent 30 years of my life in various parts of Oregon. My husband and I are kind of sorry we ever left. I did a painting of Multnomah Falls when I was first learning to paint back in the 70s. I live in Calfornia and I am close to Sequoia and Kings Canyon Nation Parks. I've traveled with my husband on his job and have spent a few months in many different states. We both loved to travel and are kind of sorry he retired when he did.

Linda do you still have the Oregon Accent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Linda, I have lived in the Portland area on and off for about 26 years... the traffic can become a nightmare on both i-5 and 205 so I'm relieved I am retired and no longer have to commute in it. It's nice that you have traveled some... it's the only way to appreciate the our beautiful country.

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    Linda do you still have the Oregon Accent ?
    hollydolly, you are sooooooo funny... you know we don't have accents out here in the northwest! Everyone else does though ! (smile)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.