Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Would you buy this novel?

The first scene is intriguing enough to keep me reading - because now I'd like to know if they found Jimmy and whether they all got out safely.

Normally, from the blurb you posted originally, I wouldn't have bought the book because I'm not into the genres I see there - which seem to be romance, action-adventure, mystery, and suspense-thriller . . . something like that. However I probably would like to read the book in a critique group or ... well, every year I participate in the PopSugar Reading Challenge, and if I chose this book for one of their prompts, I'd read it. The challenge gets me outside my normal genre preferences and I read a lot of good books I otherwise probably wouldn't have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellejay View Post
    The first scene is intriguing enough to keep me reading - because now I'd like to know if they found Jimmy and whether they all got out safely.

Normally, from the blurb you posted originally, I wouldn't have bought the book because I'm not into the genres I see there - which seem to be romance, action-adventure, mystery, and suspense-thriller . . . something like that. However I probably would like to read the book in a critique group or ... well, every year I participate in the PopSugar Reading Challenge, and if I chose this book for one of their prompts, I'd read it. The challenge gets me outside my normal genre preferences and I read a lot of good books I otherwise probably wouldn't have ever read.

Thank you for your comments. The entire house is on fire. It is due to arson. There is also a strong them all the way through of American Indians and their heritage. Just totally unsure how to present it clearly in just a very few words.

It is a little disorienting when you know from the cover blurb that there is a Native American warrior, but the opening scene is from Viet Nam. I expected an old-west type Cherokee story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellejay View Post
    It is a little disorienting when you know from the cover blurb that there is a Native American warrior, but the opening scene is from Viet Nam. I expected an old-west type Cherokee story.
    And it probably gets a bit more disconcerting as the main character, the son of the man in the above, is on active duty and served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

International plots are everywhere like CIA movies. Massive overkill. I'm tired of shoot em' up flicks. I'm to old to watch all the blatant sex, special effect of men leaping buildings and turning triple somersaults during a fist fight and blood/brains splattered on the walls. Whatever happened to a good script and acting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.