Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What kind of phones do you have? Or do you have any?

One cell phone. Complete with camera and games.

No more landlines. I think I read an article and there are more cell phones than land lines now.

Gave up land line more than 2 years ago. Have a cheap smart phone. That's it.

I have a landline with 2 extra phones around my apt.
    I have a pay as you go flip phone,which I take everywhere with me
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

A cheap pay as you go mobile-calls and texts only-plus a landline cordless one.

iPhone 7 Plus for the superb twin lens camera

No land line.
    Delusions of adequacy.

Land line phone in every room. Very old, beautiful little Nokia which I carry strictly for emergencies. I bought a new battery for it, but the old one was still fine. We are holding onto an old Blackberry and flip-phone (just in case), but we also have an iPhone.
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
    - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

Northeast PA. Live near the NASCAR track, with deer, bears, rabbits. On an always growing lawn.
    As hiraeth2018 says, "". I miss do the opportunity of slamming that phone down when I'm angry...". Yeah, those old AT&T phones had just the right mass to slam them. Damn, that felt good.

We have a land line, and each have cell phones. Cells do not get as much use now that we are both retired, but hubby not willing to give them up. He gets frustrated at the number of times I go out and leave phone at home.
    If there's a Rock and Roll heaven, you know they have a hell of a band.

No landline, do not miss it at all. It seemed like most of the phone called were those automated telemarketing calls anyway. Real people always called when I wasn’t home, so then I had to deal with voicemail, or no voicemail , and no knowledge that I had even missed a call.
    Now, I have my iPhone 7Plus, and my Apple Watch , and I make most of my calls outgoing with the phone, and answer incoming ones with the watch, because it is right there on my wrist, and I never miss ANY important phone calls anymore.
    My phone usually just stays in the bottom of my purse, I have all of the alerts/ringtones shut off, and just feel the vibration on my wrist when I have a phone call.
    Plus, the Apple Watch is a pretty complete medical alert device as well, so it performs two important jobs, as well as being the very best activity tracker ever. I can even wear it when swimming, and it tracks all of that, plus my sleep and heartrate.
    I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars....... Og Mandino

We have four cordless landline phones and a mobile each, which we take when out in case of emergency.

I wouldn't want to part with our land line. We have handsets throughout the house so one is always close at hand. Our cell phones are only used when we're away from the house and very few people have those phone numbers.

Just a cheap consumer cellular phone with unlimited text and calls for $28.00 a month. No more AT&T landline. All I need.

I don't like receiving calls on my cell when I am out. They can leave a message.

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    I don't like receiving calls on my cell when I am out. They can leave a message.
    Right...now I know why you never answer my calls....

I'm in the process of getting rid of my land line. I seem to be on the scam caller list, big time, and my land line is being used all day long to annoy me. I've blocked the main number that calls most frequently (sometimes over a dozen times in one day), but it still rings once each time and annoys me. They also have taken to leaving messages with their ridiculous sales pitch on my answering machine, wasting more of my time and cluttering up the machine.

I decided that this is ridiculous, why should I be spending money every month to be getting annoying calls? Anybody who needs to call me on legitimate business either has my cell phone number or my email address, or both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.