Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Silver sneakers

Another plus is that I got this cute and comfortable Curves jacket at cost for only $10! It's says Curves on it but very tiny. The owner and manager of my Curves are both very nice...another plus.

i don't know if all Curves are similar but I'm very lucky with mine and the added bonus is that I can walk to it...adding more exercise with the walk.

No negatives for me so far...

IMG_2927.JPG

One last thing....Curves also offers Zumba classes. I'm trying to talk the owner into doing Yoga too....she said they're thinking about it.

I have a Silver Sneakers membership. I use mine and know a lot of people who use theirs, also. I started using mine not long after I had my hips replaced, to build my strength back up. I had sort of gone to pot after so long not being able to do much of anything.

My plan has had a Silver Sn for many years. I used it a LOT , for a nice old-lady-aerobics class until the really good instructor left & always for year round swimming several times a week at a really good chain of health clubs. Now since my hip replacement fallout ruined my life, I go mainly for the Stepper machine. Socializing isn't required if you're not into that, but in my experience everyone is friendly & non judgmental.

I have a free membership to the fitness center because of my Medicare, and I like to exercise there whenever possible. Nice to have access to all the different cardio and weight machines. I don't actually go to the official Silver Sneakers class, maybe when I'm older, but for now I like to just work out alone and in my own way. I'd do Zumba class again because I like music, but the classes are morning and evening, I'd rather go mid-day.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    One last thing....Curves also offers Zumba classes. I'm trying to talk the owner into doing Yoga too....she said they're thinking about it.
    CeeCee, have you gone to the Zumba classes? I used to really like them years back when the gym was really close to my house and the Zumba was held in late afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    CeeCee, have you gone to the Zumba classes? I used to really like them years back when the gym was really close to my house and the Zumba was held in late afternoon.
    No, I haven't...They're at night, plus I need to get back in better shape for Zumba. Did do it many years ago....fun.

There is one member, she's 93 and she does the Zumba...Ive only met her at a luncheon but she's in great shape!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    Lol Keesha...Some might! There are more ladies that are slim than heavy at the time I go which is around 8:00 am. A few heavier ones but one lady has lost 42 lbs...doing Weight Watchers and Curves.

Another lady has lost 22 lbs.

We do have a lunch out at a diffrent restaurant every 3rd Wednesday of the month. It's optional of course. Ive been to two of them since Ive joined. Only reason I didn't go to one or two other ones is that I was out of town.

Ive only been going for a few months, not sure exactly when I joined...maybe August?
    There are a group of older women where I go and they are in better shape than most of the other younger women there. I feel like high fiving them and I don’t even do that kind of stuff but I’m so proud of them. They really show that being active is more of an attitude and state of mind than anything. These elderly ladies perk the place up some.

Older women these days are way different than decades ago. We can still be cool with swag!

I don't have it but I think Silver Sneakers is a great benefit. Whenever I'm raking and doing a lot of heavy work in the yard I consider it my free gym membership. Bonus: Natural tanning bed included!

We have the Silver Sneakers with our Humana Medicare supplement, and we use it almost every day ! My husband likes to work out and lift weights, and I enjoy swimming and doing water exercises, so it is something that we do together, but separately, and both enjoy immensely .
    The fitness center also has the regular Silver Sneakers exercise classes, but we do not bother with those because we would have to be there at a specific time for the classes. This way, we just fit it into our schedule however it works best and spend about an hour exercising.
    Humana also has a program called GO365, and they give you points for exercising, and then you can get a gift card for places like Amazon or Walmart with your points.
    Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!

I've been a silver sneakers member ever since my health plan started offering it. Up until a couple of years ago I was a year round several times a week swimmer & with that I saved hundreds that I was paying at a different health club. Ive been ona walker most of the time since I broke r. femur in 1/2017, so haven't the used the membership since. Would love to get back into the water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.