Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What OTC Product Do You Use For Muscle And Or Joint Temporary Pain Relief?

What OTC Product Do You Use For Muscle And Or Joint Temporary Pain Relief?

For joint pain temporary releif I use Salonpas. I rarely need muscle pain relief. Suddenly I see a lot of coupons suddenly for a product called "Pain Bloc". Might give it a ty.

Quote Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
    For joint pain temporary releif I use Salonpas. I rarely need muscle pain relief. Suddenly I see a lot of coupons suddenly for a product called "Pain Bloc". Might give it a ty.
    I purchased Pain Bloc as I had a coupon. A word, though. It worked, but I think there is capsasin in it. Makes the area I used it on very burny, and as for getting it in your eyes...WOW. So use it VERY sparingly if you try it. I found SalonPas did nothing. Anything with Lidocaine seems to help. And a friend suggested Blue Emu brand, though I have yet to try it,/
    If there's a Rock and Roll heaven, you know they have a hell of a band.

Advil

I've use ThermaCare back wraps on occasion for lower back muscle pain. If you need warmth for up to ten hours, they are excellent. I've used Aleve now and then, but don't like using it too often.

I can't take anything by mouth because of a small ulcer I have but I use two heating pads and sandwich my knees in between.

I sometimes get temporary relief in small areas from either IcyHot with Lidocane, or Bio-Freeze roll-on.

Neither lasts very long, but put it on, rub it in....maybe get something done.

I use a CBD cream (recommended by Gary O'), which helps a LOT. I also take the occasional ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

I use Bengay most of the time, and an occasional Naproxen Sodium (generic Aleve) pill, after Supper, if I've done a full days outdoor/yard work.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

Aspercreme works on any joint pain for me for years but it has aspirin in it which I have to use sparingly....
    for muscle pain its Arnica gel by Roberts Research Labs....nice scent also....the other gels dont cut it like this one
    I cant take any ibuprofen at all....and tylenol barely works for me....

The March winds are the morning yawn while Springtime is awakening soon...

I used Aspercreme or Salonpas
    I take Aleve when the knee really bothers me
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Topricin, 800mg ibuprofen (VA prescription), CBD 500/100mg Salve and 50mg Tramadol (also VA prescription)
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

I have osteoarthritis in some of my fingers that affects the second joints (counting down from the tip of my fingers). Sometimes my hands hurt like a bear, but usually not. The really annoying thing is that once a knuckle gets affected it swells permanently, meaning my rings no longer fit and that I lose range of motion so that finger will no longer curl all the way when I make a fist.

I saw a rheumatologist who ruled out RA and said there's nothing the medical community can do to help. The cartilage in aging joints wear out. Not what I was hoping to hear.

CBD balm doesn't seem to help. Naproxen helps ease the pain but can't prevent yet another joint from going south. Is anyone else dealing with this?
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by StarSong View Post
    I have osteoarthritis in some of my fingers that affects the second joints (counting down from the tip of my fingers). Sometimes my hands hurt like a bear, but usually not. The really annoying thing is that once a knuckle gets affected it swells permanently, meaning my rings no longer fit and that I lose range of motion so that finger will no longer curl all the way when I make a fist.

I saw a rheumatologist who ruled out RA and said there's nothing the medical community can do to help. The cartilage in aging joints wear out. Not what I was hoping to hear.

CBD balm doesn't seem to help. Naproxen helps ease the pain but can't prevent yet another joint from going south. Is anyone else dealing with this?
    My situation is almost identical, with a bit less trouble in my hands. My trouble is, back, shoulders, l/hip , l/knee.

Indomethacin is my prescribed med, I add Tylenol when it is at it's worse. None of the topicals seem to do much. Bio-Freeze & Icy-Hot maybe ? depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Advil
    Ditto for muscle pain

Some info on it ..................

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    In this issue | The latest bone and joint health news from Cleveland Clinic
    Try These Yoga Poses to Improve Your Lower Back Flexibile

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.