Anyone Dealing With MS?

Anyone Dealing With MS?

I've had a long interest in MS as my sister battled it for decades, she lost her battle a couple yrs ago. Here is an article that talks about the importance of Vit D which I know and perhaps she didn't know early enough in her life. And the article also talks about people Born early in the early in the year are at higher risks for MS.

Good read and you may know others who deal with this deadly disease. Could be another piece of the puzzle.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4727614/

Sorry to hear about your sister Jam, my condolences for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    Sorry to hear about your sister Jam, my condolences for your loss.
    Thanks S.B., she has left a huge void for so many. I do believe she took far too many pharma drugs and they poisoned her body more. She trusted those MD's and she's gone at 68.

But the Vit D issue could really be a point about being in the womb and the mother getting enough Vit D.

Not me, thank the lord .. although just 8 weeks ago I was given ultra scans and MRI's to check for the presence of MS as I have symptoms that led my doctors to believe that I may have it, thank the lord I don't..however my elder brother has had MS for 30 years..and my late Mother in law died from the results of MS...

It's long been known here in the northern hemisphere that the lack of Vit D is a possible cause... countries where strong sunlight is lacking for most of the year tend to have more sufferers.

Scotland where I was raised, is one of the countries in the world with the most sufferers... and where my brother still lives!! Northern Ireland, Canada , Iceland and Denmark are also places with high incidence of MS

Conversely, my mother-in-law had always lived in the sunny warm south of England but rarely left her home so didn't get much benefit from the sun ( of course there's other reasons for MS too) . OTOH I love the sun, and during summer I get as much as I can before applying sun lotion

My sister alerted me to the Vit D issue in 2006 and I had "come in from the sun" as I was in t he sun for years living in So. Calif., but the computer has done this in many cases. I was very low in 2006 and now I take 5K D3 every day at least. I sit in the sun on nice warmer days.

Could be the in the womb issue for those who end up with MS. Their mothers were not getting adequate Vit D, ummmm

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.