Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The senior dose flu shot side effects

The senior dose flu shot side effects

This year, for the first time, Rick got the senior dose flu shot. And for the first time, he seems to be having a few side effects. Mild symptoms, a bit of a stomach upset, and just a minor unwell feeling. He is not one to usually complain, and he said he has never had issues before. I will not be able to get the high dose until next season.

I looked it up, and I did read that more of the mild side effects would occur with the high dose shot. Anyone else get it, and have issues? Just curious.

If there's a Rock and Roll heaven, you know they have a hell of a band.

I've been getting the high test flu shots for quite a few years now. Never had any side effects from them. HTH

I'd been getting the regular dose for several years with no side effects but in 2017 I had them give me the senior / old fart dose and I felt miserable and had flu like symptoms for three days.....this year I went back to the regular dose and had no problems so I'm sticking with the regular dose from now on.

I wasn't even aware there was a high octane sort of flu shot. I get a sore arm from needles. Now I take the nasal variety. It has worked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Camper6 View Post
    I wasn't even aware there was a high octane sort of flu shot. I get a sore arm from needles. Now I take the nasal variety. It has worked so far.
    Apparently it is for people over age 65. Maybe you do not have it up there? Here, I think the nasal is in a child size dose. But I may be wrong, as there are, I am sure, many adults who do not do well with needles.

I get the senior one and never have a problem with it. My pharmacist daughter and pcp says its the best option for me due to my other medical issues.

No problems here for both of us. Got our shots at Walmart, this year, and never felt a thing. Easiest shot I’ve ever had. Wife’s arm was a little sore.
    I put my grammas phone on speed dial....I call it Instagram.

We both got the senior dose shot this year and neither of us had a problem at all. We both get a bit of a sore arm sometimes-even with the regular shot. But we didn`t this time. I think it must have to do with who gives it or something.

I also have been taking the high dose flu vaccine. No issues normally, except this year, I did get a sizable headache for several hours.
    "SEMPER FI"

Ok, guess it may have been a coincidence. He felt better after a couple hours. I don't feel so bad about getting it next year then

Once I felt a little achy. No matter what the side effects are, it's a lot better than suffering the real flu, I guarantee that!

DH got the super-strong 3-virus shot; I got the regular 4-virus shot. I felt tired the first couple of days but that's typical for me. DH has no adverse reactions to it ever.

From what I have been told, flu shots are administered IM (in the muscle), so we probably should expect at least a sore spot where it was injected. We have been requested by the Governor to get the shot.
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

I've gotten the high dose shot for the last several years. No problems with it. I had the real influenza about 10 years back and NEVER want to be that sick again, so even if I did get side effects from the shot I would still have that one.

We had the the flu vaccination for the over 65s and had no problems with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.