Miserable husbands trapped...

Miserable husbands trapped...

In shopping hell...
    https://www.sadanduseless.com/wretched-souls/

They were so pathetic.

I thought he was the funniest.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    What I hate is when my wife is in the fitting room trying stuff on and I'm the only dude standing there in the ladies wear section all by my lonesome feeling like everyone's thinking I'm some kind of pervert.
    "Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

Been there, found a solution. There's a store about an hour from here. Really nice selection of clothing on the first floor; huge sporting goods/firearms department upstairs. She can try things on to her heart's content ... she knows where to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade View Post
    What I hate is when my wife is in the fitting room trying stuff on and I'm the only dude standing there in the ladies wear section all by my lonesome feeling like everyone's thinking I'm some kind of pervert.

Reminds me of my favorite Big Bang clip....

These pictures look like me when the wife wants to shop at Kohl's. Luckily, there is a Menard's just a few doors away, so I tell here I'll go browse at Menard's, and be back in an hour....and usually still have plenty of time to wait.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

All the above are why I never dragged my husband shopping with me! His idea of shopping was "I need a shirt. There's a shirt, I'll take it. Done now." My shopping style is a bit different . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    All the above are why I never dragged my husband shopping with me! His idea of shopping was "I need a shirt. There's a shirt, I'll take it. Done now." My shopping style is a bit different . . . .
    My idea of shopping is also Go in,get it ,go home.

Sort of a guy thing? I think a lot of men dislike shopping for clothing. For some higher ticket purchases, I will "shop". The motivation is that I want to know I'll be satisfied with what I buy and won't be wanting/needing to replace it any time soon. For those purchases, I do my homework and decide exactly what I want first, then head for the shops to see/touch/try out.

... hmmm, now that I think about it, that's pretty much how I got my wife.

A couple of years ago, the Chamber of Commerce released a study that said that most people spend $3 for every minute they are in a store. The longer a person "browses", the more likely they are to buy things they really don't need. The best way to lower the "shopping" costs is to decide what you need, beforehand, get it, and get out.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

Thanks to the internet I have saved my husband from shopping with me. I order my food from my local supermarket and they deliver it to my house. If I need clothing I order it on line. Now the only time my husband goes shopping it's to Home depot and thankfully I don't have to go there with him. The last time I went with him he looked at screws for at least an hour comparing one to the other and then we left the store because he couldn't find the one he wanted.

I don't shop as much as I used to, but my husband has never accompanied me. We both know our limits.

"Oh yeah. Life goes on, l
    ong after the thrill of living is gone." -- John Mellencamp

For the most part, my daughters and DIL save me from the horrors of "shopping". My wife says that I take most of the joy out of our trips? I never actually found any joy to remove - - - but, my wife and the young ones have enjoyable trips together. Problem solved. Even better, I don't have to look for some "macho" area to waste my time which is almost as bad.

A Smart Guy finally solved the problem of Shopping with his wife.
    RETIRED HUSBAND
    After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Target. Unfortunately, like most men; I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter, from the local Target:

Dear Mrs. Harris:
    Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion, in our store.
    We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to, ban both of you from the store.

Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Harris, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money. We don't have a Code 3.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.

6. August 14: Moved a, 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while, loudly humming the, 'Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his, 'Madonna Look' using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed;
    'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where is the fitting room?

And last, but not least:
    16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile; then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the clerks passed out.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.