Family Filled With Spies, Lies, Alliances, Leaks, Agendas and True Colors

Family Filled With Spies, Lies, Alliances, Leaks, Agendas and True Colors

Family issues/tensions now a cold war. Most families would've experienced this much sooner in life but everyone here has gray hair.

Strange alliances are developing now that multiple family issues are coming to a head at once. One must now be extremely careful who they talk to and what they say because certain things will be passed along faster than gossip on a celebrity website. It's turning into a political cold war of sorts. For now I will play dumb even though I caught people red handed lying. Just like politics people are using 'leaks'/'leakers' to see what happens along with flatout spying. They are also using disinformation/propaganda campaigns talking opinion about others as fact-fake news anyone? One individual is kissing butt people they've had nothing to good to say-almost out of their depth but it's working for now. I don't want to say people are changing but rather we're seeing their true colors. Many suspicions or opinions are now being confirmed.

How this dangerous chess game will end will be determined by calculation, manipulation in combination with deadlines. Not health or harmony.

I long ago cleaned house and cut ties with back-biters and other toxic relatives. Decreased the number of people I associate/keep in touch with but life is more pleasant.

Sometimes self-preservation calls for drastic actions.

Quote Originally Posted by applecruncher View Post
    I long ago cleaned house and cut ties with back-biters and other toxic relatives. Decreased the number of people I associate/keep in touch with but life is more pleasant.
    A confluence of events including people moving, starting new jobs, health etc will hopefully all play out over the next 6-12 months. I keep telling myself 'a year from now...'. I think others see the samething and have limited their communication with others-they already cut their ties.

I think many in family were too polite, not fake but gave family free passes that would not be given to anyone else. Which lets issues/problems simmer, for decades in some cases.

Meh. Maybe everybody is just getting older and crotchety? LOL When family stuff gets to be too much for me, I tell myself not "a year from now..." but "in a hundred years this stuff won't matter at all!" Pffft. I don't even bother to respond to family squabbles/back-biting/gossip anymore.
    Retired. Nowhere to go and plenty of time to get there.

I use to think we were the only ones going through family turmoil and drama, but the more we've talked to other people "our age" we've found out that it comes to everyone. How you deal with it is the key. Once you "cut bait", life gets easier. Letting go and not allowing anyone to suck you in to the drama will prolong your life immensely

To WhatinThe. ....you have spoken on a SERIOUS issue there. (Especially when in your Senior years) you can become an easy Target and Victim amidst family discord. ..to be ganged up on elderly and alone is a Dangerous thing

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.