Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone heading to Florida

Hi Paulette

Welcome1.jpgTo the forum
    I made a list of 'to do' things today - just wondering who's going to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    Sorry to take this slightly off topic just for a minute

Cody..Florida is a large state, I have friends who live in several different parts... and they live in beautiful areas...

Do you think if you had moved to a different area to the one you're in, you would have stayed ?
    Wife and I agree (totally)."absolutely not"! How's that for an answer?

Listen, I'm on a Relocation Forum and you wouldn't believe how many people have left Florida to move to Tenn., Georgia or some other Southern state. Heck, on the Colorado/Denver Forum, there are even some that have moved from different parts of Florida to Colorado/Denver metro. One guy, who is in his late 30's, and lives in Miami, says he can't wait to leave Miami and go somewhere else.

You do know about the hurricanes and tropical storms that can, and do, hit Florida......right? Outer bands of Hurricane Mathew hit us with lots and lots of wind and rain. Thankfully, not much destruction. Now, when Hurricane Irma hit us, it got pretty disastrous in here in Jacksonville. The river here looked like a Junk Yard with different things, like picnic tables and even some boats, floating down the river. One boat crashed under a bridge. Lots of flooding and uprooted trees. A lot of Snowbirds get the heck out of Florida before hurricane season hits. Now you know why! The hurricane that hit Key West, left that area looking like a junk pile.

Thing is, many folks here, just like in "tornado prone" areas, really don't care about how bad the weather can be, they just rebuild their homes and stay.

There are beautiful areas of Florida, but just how many times do I have to tell people on here.....we LOVE our Western stuff and other things that Colorado has that Florida doesn't. I know, I know, none of you understand, or even like, any kind of Western/cowboy stuff, but we DO. Now, is that so hard to understand??

Look at it this way also, when it comes to cold/snowy/freezing winter months, how many people, including Seniors, live in New York, Wisconsin, Chicago and even Maine (where Ken lives). A whole lot and they have no intention of leaving, no matter how bad the winters can get.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Sorry, but I guess I'm getting tired of explaining why we don't like Jacksonville or Florida. Florida is NOT Utopia and neither is Colorado, Wyoming or any of the other Rocky Mountain states, but Colorado, Wyoming and those areas fit us much better than Florida ever would. Plain and simple!

There are Seniors all over the U.S. that wouldn't give it a second thought about living, even as a Snowbird, in Florida. They just wouldn't live here. And, to us, that's definitely not hard to understand. Many Seniors love living in Florida full-time or as Snowbirds and then there are those that don't/won't.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    Sorry, but I guess I'm getting tired of explaining why we don't like Jacksonville or Florida. Florida is NOT Utopia and neither is Colorado, Wyoming or any of the other Rocky Mountain states, but Colorado, Wyoming and those areas fit us much better than Florida ever would. Plain and simple!

There are Seniors all over the U.S. that wouldn't give it a second thought about living, even as a Snowbird, in Florida. They just wouldn't live here. And, to us, that's definitely not hard to understand. Many Seniors love living in Florida full-time or as Snowbirds and then there are those that don't/won't.
    If it tires you out that much, why not give it a rest then? I know we're tired of hearing you explaining it, so it would be a win-win situation all around.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jujube View Post
    If it tires you out that much, why not give it a rest then? I know we're tired of hearing you explaining it, so it would be a win-win situation all around.
    So, you'd rather hear from the folks going, or moving, to Florida than those who want to leave? Actually, I have to keep explaining why we want to leave Florida and why we want to go back to Colorado, but many on this forum don't understand, or care, about what we miss there.

Just wait until this summer when another hurricane is heading towards some part of Florida. Then again, I seriously doubt if there are that many people in Florida that even care about a hurricane hitting. Same thing goes on when a tornado hits Oklahoma or Tenn. "Rebuild and stay" is what is said.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Cody, it's actually that no one cares any more why you want to leave Florida. You've "explained" and "explained" and "explained" and I can't remember a single post indicating that anyone needs to have it explained once again. Yet you "explain" again and again.

Give it a rest, Dude. Move on. Find something new to be annoying about.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.