Move to Arizona?

Move to Arizona?

Hello. I am new and so happy I found this forum. I have a question that I need help with. We have lived in the same home for 43 years, our children our raised and have families of their own.
    After researching this for 3 years and finally renting a home in Arizona for a month in a active adult senior community, we decided we want to leave our current state and home and move to Arizona. Our grown children are not on board with our wish to move out of state. We want to go but don’t want to upset our family and we do not want a home in both States.
    Has anyone dealt with this issue? We just want everyone happy.
    Your advice is welcomed

ann

Welcome Ann..Where are you moving from??

Thanks for the welcome. We would potentially be moving from Colorado.

Can't help you, because I don't live in the USA..but Welcome to the forum Ann....

Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. We would potentially be moving from Colorado.
    Funny, Ann, but we are making plans on leaving northeastern Florida and moving back to Colorado. Yes, I said "back". We lived 28 miles south of Denver for 5 1/2 years and really, really enjoyed it. We know there is a winter there, but "winter" simply goes with the state.

Why do you want to leave Colorado to go to Arizona? When we lived in Colorado, I worked for a Senior Healthcare Company in Denver and was quite surprised at how many Seniors do live in Denver metro. But, then again, I know a guy and his wife that live in Maine. We don't like winter weather either, but to have the things back that we like, will have to put up with winter weather.

As far as your family goes, it is basically YOUR decision on where to live. There are plenty of older folks that don't live anywhere near their families, just like us. They just talk on the phone, visit when they can, etc.. We don't have an kids or grandkids, so, in that alone, we have nothing to think about. All of my family I have left is a step-brother, but my wife's immediate family lives in So. California...…...of which we will never move back to.

It's always nice to "think" about family, but ultimately it's up to you and your husband on where you chose to live.
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Hi Ann! You and your husband have devoted your whole life to your family, now is the time in your golden years to do something that makes the two of you happy. What is the reason your adult children give for not wanting you to go? They can always come and visit you if they like. The only thing I would keep in mind is if something happens to your husband, you may no longer want to be in AZ, you may want to move back to be near family.....but you can decide about that if or when the time comes.

HI Ann,welcome aboard,glad you found us
    I agree with what Seebreeze had to say,do what you&hubby think is best for yourselves
    Sue in Buffalo,NY
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

ALONE NOW....TAKING IT DAY BY DAY!! RIP BABY...

Welcome1.jpg to the forum Ann

If it was your children who had decided they wanted to make this move - I wonder if they would consider 'you' in their decision. As you have said - you want your family to be happy, so I'm guessing that you would not stand in 'their' way - so why should they stand in yours ?

Hope this matter gets resolved for you

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.