Portable Oxygen Concentrators

Portable Oxygen Concentrators

My husband's respiratory team and doctor are telling him he will more than likely be on oxygen when he comes home. We were talking about those portable oxygen concentrations they talk about on TV. We would, of course as if they would be a viable alternative to the tanks and machine.

Has anyone had experience with them? Just looking for real world experiences. I looked into them a little. I guess the run on a battery pack when out, and can be plugged in at home.
    I have just started reading about them so do not know a lot yet.
    If there's a Rock and Roll heaven, you know they have a hell of a band.

I've been seeing ads for this on TV, looks great but very expensive....don't know if insurance would help pay for something like this. https://www.inogen.com/products/g4-systems/

Marie,

Check with local suppliers about renting a concentrator and also check to see if your health insurance/Medicare will help with the cost of the rental.

Good luck!

Aunt Bea has good advice, here's their link on rental through insurance. https://www.inogen.com/oxygen-therapy/purchase-options/

My mom who died of emphysema 2 years ago had one and it was great...no problems with it.

she did have two other types....one big one in her bedroom that she used during the night and she also had a smaller canister type.

I think her insurance covered it.

She could even take the small battery operated one on a plane but you do have to tell the airline in advance.

Thanks for the feedback, so far. I now have some good ideas to start with my research.

Maybe some good news. Rick found out today that if they do send him home on Oxygen, it is possible it will not have to be permanent. He is doing that much better. A cool thing, I took today off from visiting him because I had some personal business to take care of. Any way, not long after I got home, I got a call from the Physicians Assistant on his team to bring me up to date on how he is doing.
    He will more than likely have to go to a rehab center for a couple weeks before coming home. But, he IS doing better. And that is a relief.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.