Have you used the InstaCart grocery delivery service in your area?

Have you used the InstaCart grocery delivery service in your area?

Have you or anyone you know used the InstaCart grocery delivery service in your area? If I'm understanding it correctly, you order your groceries online at the grocery store of your choice that provides this service. Then within an hour or two, this service has a delivery person that will get the groceries and deliver them to your home. There is a delivery fee that is added to your grocery bill but I don't know how much. Have you tried it or know anyone that has? If so, how did you like it?

They have it at the local Kroger supermarket by me, but I've never tried it. Sounds like it's a good idea for those who can't get out or don't drive anymore, I guess that they would shop like me and pick the good looking produce and undamaged packages, etc.

It's been around for years in my area. The fee is 10.00 out of town and 5.00 in town, last I saw. The store employees themselves deliver not an outside service. It may have gone up since I last used it.

I have used it a few times and it was all good. They called me when they were out of something that was on sale and gave me the higher priced brand at no extra charge.

They will also just do the shopping and bagging for you, and you drive up where they load them into your trunk.

I haven't tried something called Instacart,but I do use a service from my local supermarket. Most of the time if you order a certain product (and they list dozens of them) there is no charge for the delivery. I have been doing it for over 3 yrs now and have never been disappointed with the service. It is so much easier than walking all through the store..

I used it twice for our local Sprouts store & once for Smiths (Kroger) when I wasn't driving for a short time $10 minimum order, about $10 delivery charge, I never order meat that way tho. The first time the produce which is Sprouts specialty looked like it could win prizes at the fair. Perfect. The driver was a chatty mature gent who told me he also did Uber, liked people & being busy. Second time the produce looked like somebody just ran by & grabbed it & didnt even look at it & the drivers looked like basketball players and appeared to understand but not speak English; probably students at local U.
    Smiths trip experience was sort of halfway between Sprouts # 1 & #2.
    It really helped at the time, spared my daughter from doing it & probably less than most caregivers charge, but if I can duo it at all would rather do it myself & use the $10 for a treat.
    I do like Walmarts pickup service, especially for big bulky items, but again, don't do meat at all, & only easy produce like citrus or bananas.

It's available in this area in 3 stores. I just saw it and thought I would do my homework about it before I need it, if I do. I called the local Kroger and asked them if they deliver groceries. They told me they don't but Instacart does. She told me to google Instacart and it would pull up an 800 number for all of my questions. I found the number but I like to hear from people who have used the product or service. I hope I don't need it because I would rather do it myself. Thanks everyone!

It might be worthwhile to check with Instacart.

In this area, all of the major grocery chains are offering the service using Instacart and they have been offering promotions for $15.00 off of your first order of $35.00 or more.

I've been reluctant to try it because I prefer to select my own produce, meat, etc... but the discount on the first order is making me think it would be a great deal to stock up on some nonperishables.

Good luck!

Walmart has the same service for free, which I've been using, due to not walking yet....produce, frozen, breakable items, chips, bread, etc. will not be delivered tho....
    Instacart is not available in my area yet....

Goodbye April, hello May...queen of blossoms and fulfilling flowers.....

Quote Originally Posted by PopsnTuff View Post
    Walmart has the same service for free, which I've been using, due to not walking yet....produce, frozen, breakable items, chips, bread, etc. will not be delivered tho....
    I use Walmart delivery all the time for cat food and litter. I started to order my groceries but, like you said, a lot of stuff they don't deliver so I didn't bother ordering. I wanted to try in case I'm ever sick and can't drive, but all those undeliverables won't help if I'm sick and need produce and bread and milk etc. Kroger does not yet deliver, don't know about Instacart, am going to look it up.

I haven't used Instacart, but our local HEB stores have delivery service. They have promotions all the time where the service is free, but the usual price is $4.95 so well worth it to me. (I do tip the driver as well.) I've been using the service for several months and only had a problem with one order... a couple of broken eggs. When I called the store to report the problem they just gave me credit for the entire dozen eggs. Meats and produce are always excellent.

“The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance.” -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by PopsnTuff View Post
    I tried searching for groceries at Walmart and for some of them, if they do deliver that item, you have to order in packs with some of them. They will not deliver just 1 of some of their items. For example, I noticed some of their mayonnaise had to be ordered in 3 to a pack. Some of the canned corn had to be ordered in 2-4 packs. That would be 8 cans of corn. Now this might work with some items but not all. That would make me not order these items from anyone that is doing this.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.