Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am always wrong its what I do

Quote Originally Posted by Sassycakes View Post

I'm sure she has issues and they are causing her to act the way she does. It's funny my Parents were wonderful, and my sister and brother and I had long marriages. Sadly my Parents grandchildren they had( 5 boys and 5 girls) ,and all of the boys got divorced and none of the girls did.

I guess the boys thought all marriage would be good, but boy were they wrong.

WOW! Can you say "Co-Dependency?"
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

Don't let your son and his new wife stress you out by demanding to censor your social circle. It's none of their business whom you socialize with.

I'm better friends with my ex-BIL than I am with my sister. It irritates her, but tough luck. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe200 View Post
    Don't let your son and his new wife stress you out by demanding to censor your social circle. It's none of their business whom you socialize with.

I'm better friends with my ex-BIL than I am with my sister. It irritates her, but tough luck. It is what it is.

You're right and that's what I told my son yesterday. I told him I love his ex wife and I will never stop caring for her and my grandsons. I also told him if he can't handle his girlfriend(they aren't married) then that's his problem. I never did anything to hurt her so she should butt out of my business.

Good for you Sassy, it really shouldn't be your problem, you're absolutely right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    As so often happens, Aunt Bea has expressed my sentiments better than I could myself.

I agree. Aunt Bea hit it right on the head, as usual.

I am still friends with my daughter's ex and his mother. It does not bother my daughter at all. His mother and I still talk on the phone every now and then. I send him and his mother birthday and Christmas cards and he always sends me a gift card at Christmas. It works for us. He comes by at Christmas and Thanksgiving to visit. After my stroke 20 years ago he welcomed me into their home and I stayed with them for 3 years until I recovered enough to go back to work and live by myself. He never asked me for a dime. After I recovered enough I tried to keep the laundry done and the kitchen clean for them and watch the grands when they needed me to. He moved me into my condo when I was well enough to live by myself. My daughter could not handle his drinking and he did not think he had a problem so they got divorced. He still drinks and he thinks since he holds down his job he does not have a problem. So as long as he is good to my grands and my daughter I will continue to be friendly with him and his mother.

You are quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by terry123 View Post
    I am still friends with my daughter's ex and his mother. It does not bother my daughter at all. His mother and I still talk on the phone every now and then. I send him and his mother birthday and Christmas cards and he always sends me a gift card at Christmas. It works for us. He comes by at Christmas and Thanksgiving to visit. After my stroke 20 years ago he welcomed me into their home and I stayed with them for 3 years until I recovered enough to go back to work and live by myself. He never asked me for a dime. After I recovered enough I tried to keep the laundry done and the kitchen clean for them and watch the grands when they needed me to. He moved me into my condo when I was well enough to live by myself. My daughter could not handle his drinking and he did not think he had a problem so they got divorced. He still drinks and he thinks since he holds down his job he does not have a problem. So as long as he is good to my grands and my daughter I will continue to be friendly with him and his mother.
    I think you are doing the right thing. I am also friendly with my ex DIL's Mom and Grandmom.They never say anything bad about my son or the divorce. They both say that we are all still family. They wish there had never been a divorce.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.