Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What's the most important thing you'd miss if you lost your phone?

I don't have an iphone nor a smartphone. I only have a simple phone that we carry around for an emergency. Pay only $10/month for a pay as you need plan. Don't need to show I have a life carrying an smartphone in front of me all day. I have a life. Enjoy my guitar, reading, traveling, downloading good shows & talking to people face to face. Oh yes, daily walks & time at our gym downstairs is great.

I have a Nokia 3210. It's now 22 years old,has no camera,no SD card,isn't connected to any 'clouds' and has minimalist storage.
    BUT...over the years I've had it,it's been drowned twice,been whacked accidentally many times,dropped onto the floor of my truck from the dashboard-and just keeps going.
    It still has it's original battery,which still holds charge for 2/3 days depending on use-and best of all,in 'quiet' moments,I can play 'Snake on it'.
    EVERYONE laughs at it,calls me a skinflint,tells me how 3G connection is ''so yesterday''-but it keeps going. I have a little 22mp camera for pics-so I'm content.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjohn View Post
    I don't have an iphone nor a smartphone. I only have a simple phone that we carry around for an emergency. Pay only $10/month for a pay as you need plan. Don't need to show I have a life carrying an smartphone in front of me all day. I have a life. Enjoy my guitar, reading, traveling, downloading good shows & talking to people face to face. Oh yes, daily walks & time at our gym downstairs is great.
    Y'know, there are plenty of us who use our smartphones constantly all day BECAUSE we have a life.....a busy, productive and sometimes hectic life, and a smartphone facilitates that and enables us to keep up with everything, and makes us more efficient.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Not a darn thing. It would be a blessing in disguise.

i am like aunt bea---everything is written down on an index card in my purse---meds -phone numbers--surgeries i have had--now if they took the whole purse that would be another problem---but i keep copies at home also

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Elpus View Post
    I have a Nokia 3210. It's now 22 years old,has no camera,no SD card,isn't connected to any 'clouds' and has minimalist storage.
    BUT...over the years I've had it,it's been drowned twice,been whacked accidentally many times,dropped onto the floor of my truck from the dashboard-and just keeps going.
    It still has it's original battery,which still holds charge for 2/3 days depending on use-and best of all,in 'quiet' moments,I can play 'Snake on it'.
    EVERYONE laughs at it,calls me a skinflint,tells me how 3G connection is ''so yesterday''-but it keeps going. I have a little 22mp camera for pics-so I'm content.

Ditto! I LOVE my little Nokia. The young guys at the Nokia kiosk were reveling over how
    compact and well made it is. I'm not giving it up until it dies. Best battery, that's for sure.
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
    - Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

i would miss playing poker while sitting on the john.

Photos. I just got a new phone and some of my photos did not get transferred, yet.
    Will be happier when I have them all available.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    Ditto! I LOVE my little Nokia. The young guys at the Nokia kiosk were reveling over how
    compact and well made it is. I'm not giving it up until it dies. Best battery, that's for sure.

Got one myself, can't see the need to buy one of the new fangled ones when this one works as good as the day 'Moses' gave it to me...

I use my smart phone a lot more since I got rid of my land line, which I don't miss at all. My photos are synced to icloud, so I presume they are safe there, although how to retrieve them if necessary would be
    a puzzlement.

Mostly I use the phone to stay in touch with my children and grandchildren. Hardly ever via phone calls, mostly through texting. And my daughter and I are having a lot of fun with Words With Friends.

Probably what I'd miss the most is the respect of my son-in-law as he bought me the phone and pays the bill.

I don't use my phone for shopping, banking, Senior Forum, most emailing, and some other activities I prefer to do on my desktop, but I do use it to authenticate my log-ins to those accounts. My phone keeps me in email, voice and text communication with friends and family. When away from home it alerts me if my cameras pick up any noise or motion. I type my grocery list on my computer and it immediately syncs to my phone.

My life can get very busy - it's much easier to keep track of everything with my smart phone. Going without it would be a drag. I don't know people's phone numbers anymore - my phone tracks that for me and the information is automatically backed up somewhere.
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I use my smart phone a lot more since I got rid of my land line, which I don't miss at all. My photos are synced to icloud, so I presume they are safe there, although how to retrieve them if necessary would be
    a puzzlement.
    Hey Sunny, if you're synched to the cloud, then you must have an Apple ID. Using that, and your password for it, will connect you to iCloud, and from there you'll be able to view everything that's stored on the Cloud...not just your photos. It also saves your contacts, calendar, notes, reminders...more. There's also a feature that will allow you to find your phone if you leave it someplace, lock it till you get to it, and if it's permanently lost you can wipe all the data on it remotely. An added "find iPhone" iCloud feature is that if it's synched to any other device you own, you can use that device to cause your iPhone to ping or chime so you can locate it via sound if you've "lost" it somewhere in the house.

Just go to icloud.com and from there you'll be prompted as to how to set it up for yourself. If you have any setup issues I'm happy to walk you through it.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Thanks, Ronni! I'll get onto that site and try out some of it. Your post was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Probably what I'd miss the most is the respect of my son-in-law as he bought me the phone and pays the bill.
    Same here ... my daughter gave me my phone and pays the bill, so I would be in trouble. .. Her kids do enough things with their phones on their family plan w/o me being a headache and losing mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.