Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Brush Your Teeth Then What?

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post

One tip I'd like to pass on -- if anyone gets a sore mouth and uses toothpaste for sensitive teeth it may be your toothpaste.
    I can't use toothpaste for sensitive teeth for this reason. I guess "'m allergic to whatever is in it.
    My dentist paints something on my teeth so they aren't too sensivite to cold or hot. It works for at least a year.
    Interesting. Thanks

I never rinse after I brush. I feel that just defeats the purpose of brushing and washes most of it off. Eventually I will drink a sip of water many minutes later. I only floss afterwards.
    I don't care how old I am! I still want to go on the bouncy castle.

I don't understand swallowing the stuff you've just been getting off your teeth and tongue (yes, I brush my tongue). I rinse and gargle and after that, I floss.
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Actually chewing gum is a good way to clean your teeth, it removes the bits the brush misses. Handy when you're away from home and need to freshen up.

I brush with coconut oil toothpaste that I make up. THere are many recipes on line...and for a while now I've been adding 1/2 of Now Food Coconut Oil toothpaste to my own. Often add drops of clove oil to the whole mix. I brush and spit but don't rinse with water, not tap for sure. I'm one of t hose anti fluoride activists.

My brushing before going to bed I swish after brushing with 3% H202.

I never realized that there was such wide diversity in practices for cleaning people's mouths!

I wasn't as good as I should have been about dental hygiene when I was younger and have paid a price. I now spend about eight to ten minutes flossing and brushing (electric brush for teeth, manual for all soft tissues), followed by a thorough rinse. For me, the purpose of rinsing is to get all of the stuff I just loosened out of my mouth and down the drain. I finish with a fluoride rinse like Aim and don't drink anything for 15 minutes. I'm a big proponent of properly used fluoride - systemic for children, topical for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I never realized that there was such wide diversity in practices for cleaning people's mouths!

I wasn't as good as I should have been about dental hygiene when I was younger and have paid a price. I now spend about eight to ten minutes flossing and brushing (electric brush for teeth, manual for all soft tissues), followed by a thorough rinse. For me, the purpose of rinsing is to get all of the stuff I just loosened out of my mouth and down the drain. I finish with a fluoride rinse like Aim and don't drink anything for 15 minutes. I'm a big proponent of properly used fluoride - systemic for children, topical for adults.

One would think with all the fluoride being pushed on the population, it's called mass medication, by we anti F, the dentists would be poor, but they are just as busy fixing all the problems.

New fields of dentistry have arisen including more types orthodontia, whitening, implants etc. People of all ages are still getting their nice solid cavity less teeth injured or knocked out in sports or various kinds of accidents & can get various types of restoration including implants or are threatened by bone loss or gum problems that have been discussed elsewhere in this forum. Our local U Dental School had a symposium on the terrible dental problems long term meth users have, beyond what would be expected from poor nutrition & hygiene alone
    Do you think chlorinating or otherwise purifying the water that comes out of the rivers and lakes is "mass medication" ? Are you an anti-vaxxer too?

I have been with the anti F group for years and if YOU think the F pushed down our throats that comes from industrial waste from the U.S. fertilizer and smelters and lead plants and now most comes from China as we've moved so much industry to that part of the world....then go on thinking that.

And I've been consuming tap waters for decades and have done more than my share of dental visits and I believe in treating the water as we've done forever, but not treating people against their wills. And that's what it's been for too too long.

As for anti vaxxer, and I've never called myself that, but I'd sure be against all the vaccines that pushed on the babies being born today. Not in my life nor my daughter's life, who is 55. She and I had the necessary ones to enter 1st grade.

Now, babies immune systems are so damaged at such a very very early part of the life.....

I have NOT gotten a vaccine of flu type since I was about 40 or so..and I'm 81 soon.

And no shingles vaccine either.

I work on keeping my immune system tip top and don't need shot up with those toxic drugs.

Had a tetnus shot due to a rusty nail issue many yrs ago and that's been it.

I started in my 50's to "wake up" to the western medicine money grabbing world.

And I'm glad there is help for those who need restoration from damage done in their mouths and believe me glad I have the bridge work and crowns I do have.

But at this point I take such great care of my mouth with antioxidants and started refusing xrays about 10 yrs ago and with the care I use for myself I don't need to run to dentists these days and haven't for some yrs. I've cleaned up my diet a LOT.

My peridontist, my dentist and my oral hygentist all use Crest Pro Health Advanced mouthwash. It is used for 30 seconds after brushing then no fluids or solids for 30 minutes after. Available everywhere.

On the anti vaxxer comment, my grandkids who are 22 and 19 both have had a lot of health issues and they were the children caught in all these many early baby vaccines that their mom/dad bought into from the pediatrician. My daughter has said to me, she now questions all those vaccines pumped into the babies. My daughter has done a 380 on all pharma and it's drugs as she has seen so much damage.

Flossing is not officially recommended, anymore. Dental groups encourage it, but when push comes to shove, there is absolutely no hard scientific evidence to support its use. Recommending it is a way for the dental profession to keep getting their benefits from the mega powerful floss manufacturers. I use dental picks, and my gum pain has never recurred, two years running. I quit using toothpaste about thirty years ago. I use salt water. The only teeth not in my mouth are those I elected to have removed because I kept biting my inner cheek, which can lead to oral cancer. Toothpaste gave me canker sores. The outlandish claims for toothpaste, such as regeneration of enamel, are also without scientific merit.

Everyone is Selling something. I use dental pink color picks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.