Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Ladies, Ditch the Bra

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Truth... It's all about what is respectable among peers.

Pressure that was instilled in her years ago.
    It's truly amazing what SO MANY can't let go of. And until I really got enscounced in Calif living, I had the old baggage and so glad it's so gone. Everytime I went back to visit Mom I would work with her to help free her of the trappings and when she would visit me I'd do the same, and she would "hear me" but I don't think she heard me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Anyway...... even men who gain too much weight get Ďman boobsí and if they exercise and firm up those pecs they disappear.
    I realize itís not exactly the same but itís not that different either.
    "Man Boobs" are not only from weight gain. It's a normally-occurring hormonal issue. As we age, we start to look more & more like the opposite sex. That's why older women start growing facial hair & men start losing muscle.

When I was younger and gave up smoking, I started working out, doing Jazzercise and jogging a lot, that's when I started to wear sports bras which were supportive and much more comfortable than a regular bra. Some years later, since I worked a blue collar job and wasn't wearing dresses or blouses, I decided to start wearing them to work, good move on my part.....soooo much more comfortable for long workdays especially in summer months, less irritating than a regular bra.

Even with a sports bra, it comes off when I get home. Now, if I'm wearing a dark colored pocket tee shirt, I'll often go out with no bra, but if it's a lighter color, I put on the sports bra. I'm usually very casual in tee shirts and jeans or cargo pants. I've heard that some women even wear sleep bras, something I'll never do.

I wear a very soft sports bra when I go out. At home I don't wear any. I look for blouses with two pockets in the right place and short sleeves so you can't peak in sideways. works for me.

S.B. Thanks for posting the Seinfeld videos, I was roaring and yes I saw those original shows or reruns, whatever they were...tooo funnny....

Quote Originally Posted by win231 View Post
    "Man Boobs" are not only from weight gain. It's a normally-occurring hormonal issue. As we age, we start to look more & more like the opposite sex. That's why older women start growing facial hair & men start losing muscle.
    Why thank you for that additional bit of information. Not sure I really wanted to read it . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth n Jersey View Post
    I wear a very soft sports bra when I go out. At home I don't wear any. I look for blouses with two pockets in the right place and short sleeves so you can't peak in sideways. works for me.
    That works well for me too Ruth, even sleeveless if the arm holes are not too large, then it's not a problem.

Ok I’m not meaning to get too personal but don’t your nipples show under your t shirts when you wear no bra ?
    Id definitely need the pockets at the front. Lol

Only with light colors Keesha, that's why I wear a shirt with front pockets or a sports bra with them. Maybe if the shirt was skin-tight, but that's not my style.

Quite frankly, even at 70 I still look good without a bra, but my clothes on me look even better with one on. As far as breast cancer, there are better ways to try and prevent that. I have to laugh how someone puts up such an opinion and suddenly everyone is baring their chest.
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Ok thanks Seabreeze. That wouldn’t work for me. Oddly enough when my husband and I went to our local grocery store, the elderly cashier serving us with braless. Not that I go around looking but it was quite evident. Nobody seemed to care. She looked presentable. I probably wouldn’t have noticed but did due to this thread.
    Ditto Olivia but I’m ten years younger.

So much I want to say ITT!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
    Well endowed only means more fat. Less in my book is best.
    That's not a fair statement. Being well endowed doesn't mean one is fat. I've gotten down to 113 pounds..and at 5'8" I was gaunt and skeletal and anorexic-looking due to the stress of my marriage, and I was still full breasted. My band size went down, from a 36 worn on the first set of hooks to a 34 worn on the last set...but my cup size didn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

And wish some others would post some "interesting" topics to discuss. .
    I think you're being unduly critical. There are a wealth of interesting topics posted here! Because they're not interesting to YOU doesn't automatically mean that they're not interesting to the majority. Obviously they are, as there are multiple pages of responses on many topics daily.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    When I was younger and gave up smoking, I started working out, doing Jazzercise and jogging a lot, that's when I started to wear sports bras which were supportive and much more comfortable than a regular bra. .
    I LOVE my sports bras I can't wear one every day, but I do when I can. Gap also makes an 100% cotton shelf bra, SO comfortable. Mom shelf bras I can't wear because they don't have adjustable straps and they cut under my arms and drive me nuts bu the Gap ones are adjustable and it makes a huge difference to me. I have one each in white, black and beige.

Ron says both the sports bras and the Gap shelf bras give me a uni-boob. Great way to describe what it does to one's silhouette!!!!

I stopped wearing underwire bras years back...I couldn't find any that were comfortable in the slightest.

I am not overweight, but I'm still heavy breasted and not at all comfortable either mentally or physically going without a bra anywhere but at home. I'm barely in the door before it comes off, often while I'm still wearing all my other clothes..I do this strange contortionist dance to pull the straps down my arms from under my shirt and then reach up under the front of my top and voila!!! It's off! A bit harder with a sports bra.

I never wear a bra at home. I change into my "touch-me-nowhere" clothes as soon as I get home, or the entire time I'm at home. Very occasionally I'll go to the grocery store or something without a bra, but only if I have enough layers on that the movement under my clothing isn't noticeable. Otherwise I'm way too self conscious. It's not about how I look, way more about making others uncomfortable and being so noticeable.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.