Mafia News-possible revival of 'mob war' in NYC

Mafia News-possible revival of 'mob war' in NYC

Reputed Gambino crime family boss Francesco 'Franky Boy' Cali shot to death outside his home, probed as possible revival of 'mob war'

The reputed leader of the Gambino crime family, once headed by infamous mobster John Gotti, was gunned down in a "well-thought-out execution" outside his New York City home late Wednesday -- sparking an investigation into whether the hit was sanctioned or the revival of a "mob war," sources told ABC News.

Francesco "Franky Boy" Cali, 53, was found with multiple gunshot wounds to his body outside his home on Staten Island, according to the New York Police Department.

"This was not some fly-by-night thing," a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told ABC News. "This was a well-thought-out execution."

Cali is the first reputed mob boss murdered in New York City in 35 years. I think the last one was Paul Castellano, who was replaced by John Gotti (The Teflon Don) who died in prison.

Franky Boy in 2008

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/reputed-ga...opstories.html

Can't feel sorry for these mobsters when they get hit, you play....you pay. If he wasn't killed, he'd probably be involved with killing someone else.

I read that this morning.... I gotta agree with SB... in fact he was very involved in the drugs industry heroin etc from what I read so he's probably been the cause of many deaths..

These people all know the high price they may pay for gang membership of any kind...

Glad to hear it. The word "mob" describes what lies between the ears of the typical organized crime thug. They are lazy, uneducated, cheating, lying trash. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and leaned first hand stories of some of the lowest life forms known to man. They are glorified in the media and that is a shame.

Just reading some stuff about this on Twitter.
    A Turtle Never Gets Anywhere Until It Sticks Its Neck Out

What surprises me is that he was attacked at his own house...from what I know, that is pretty much forbidden by most mobsters...at least it used to be. When I was growing up in Denver, we had members of the local "organization" in our neighborhood, and there was NO local crime. Had anyone committed a burglary, etc. on our street, they would probably wish the cops got to them first.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

It's sad that we live in a world where crime can be a major business the likes of any fortune 500 company.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.