Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Come for a Peaceful short meander up the river with me....

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    Absolutely Not !!!!!, I can't imagine anything more horrible while out boating.. or sailing...
    Sorry, we just aren't the "relaxing while cruising" type of couple. Now, when we are fishing it's different. I didn't know that UK boaters were so quiet?? But, then again, you're not a loud person anyway, are you?
    Love Rocky Mountain And Yellowstone National Parks

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    Me either. Sounds very irritating.

That's my last word, hoping to avoid another long, drawn out argument.
    No "long, drawn out argument" going to happen or happening. Just a difference in the way people boat. We just simply like hearing Joan Jett singing I Love Rock and Roll...…..not really loud, but loud enough. We don't serve wine on our boat either, only Bud Light and perhaps a shot of Butter Baby. Believe me, this old couple KNOWS how to party on the water! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    No "long, drawn out argument" going to happen or happening. Just a difference in the way people boat. We just simply like hearing Joan Jett singing I Love Rock and Roll...…..not really loud, but loud enough. We don't serve wine on our boat either, only Bud Light and perhaps a shot of Butter Baby. Believe me, this old couple KNOWS how to party on the water! LOL
    We have wine and beer on our boat , we have a galley, so we have all cooking facilities.... ...we have music and a tv on the boat but we'd never play them loud enough to annoy other people..

if anyone was playing loud music on the river, they wouldn't be making any friends amongst the boating community I can assure you of that!!

Nor Cal, USA, south of Mt Shasta, west of Mt Lassen
    Thanks for the boat ride on the river. Nice homes along the way. Fun looking at all those boats too.
    Granny B. & Mr. B.'s website (check out our Match Game and Cool Links): www.breaktimehq.com

Pleased you enjoyed it GrannyB... thanks for taking the time to watch it...

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    We have wine and beer on our boat , we have a galley, so we have all cooking facilities.... ...we have music and a tv on the boat but we'd never play them loud enough to annoy other people..

if anyone was playing loud music on the river, they wouldn't be making any friends amongst the boating community I can assure you of that!!
    Yes, but your music would be played inside of your boat, not outside. You wouldn't want to blast your guests ears apart. Like other boaters in the U.S., we play our music on the deck of our boat (outside). We don't have any speakers in our cuddy cabin.

Is your "boating community" an older one? A lot of boaters here are in their 20's thru 40's and they do love hearing their music loud. Apparently just different type of boaters here than there. Do people there drive around with their music blasting? Done quite a bit here.

Funny thing is, when we are cruising around a lake, we love to have our cd player on HIGH with Classic Rock songs, like Heart or Van Halen.
    I'm sure the nearby boats appreciate your idea of good music ruining the serenity of the day. There's always one. Do you open your car windows and blast your crappy music as you cruise through quiet neighborhoods?
    We are either growing or dying.

Yes, but your music would be played inside of your boat, not outside. You wouldn't want to blast your guests ears apart. Like other boaters in the U.S., we play our music on the deck of our boat (outside). We don't have any speakers in our cuddy cabin.

Is your "boating community" an older one? A lot of boaters here are in their 20's thru 40's and they do love hearing their music loud. Apparently just different type of boaters here than there. Do people there drive around with their music blasting? Done quite a bit here.
    The boating community is all ages from 18 to 80 plus... the music we and they play is quiet can be heard by us on deck, not need for it to be louder for other boaters to be blasted with it...it's called respect Cody..!! As there are rules and respect for other drivers on the roads so there is a similar respect on the rivers and waterways..

I understand you have a little tiny boat that you rarely ever take out, why is that Cody?...is it because the younger ghetto music blasting youngsters around your waterways laugh at you both trying to look ''cool'' playing oldie Rock music at full blast..?

Whenever we go out on the water we actually try and be as quiet as can be because sound is amplified.
    Most people seem to want to have a relaxing peaceful experience so the people blasting the music are often the ones ruining it for others. Most people who love the water understand that one.

My feeling is there is something fundamentally wrong with the jerks who find it necessary to prove how little they respect others by bombarding them with music they could play themselves if they wanted to hear it. If the offender is in a car here, they get a fat ticket!
    We are either growing or dying.

Thanks hollydolly, I enjoyed the boat ride, very nice! I'm a mellow fellow now..

Been a LONG time since I've been down the river..Thanks for the ride.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. e. e. cummings

Very beautiful video. It must have been a very relaxing day. I'm wondering if you take the boat out yourself and bring it back to the dock. It looks like a pretty tight spot to get in and out of. I don't even parallel park my car. I can only imagine where the boat would end up if
    i were steering it.

Lovely video and photos Holly, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth n Jersey View Post
    Very beautiful video. It must have been a very relaxing day. I'm wondering if you take the boat out yourself and bring it back to the dock. It looks like a pretty tight spot to get in and out of. I don't even parallel park my car. I can only imagine where the boat would end up if
    i were steering it.
    Oh yes absolutely we take the boats out ourselves, and return them to the marina.. ..they're our boats...and even if someone is to hire one, they'd still have to get it out and in again...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.