Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bursitis of the Hip?

I was diagnosed with trochanteris bursitis in both hips. Painful & have had it for a long time. It gets better but mine never goes away.

When we lived in PA, our house was on several levels and stairs were getting really difficult for me as my left hip was aching and stiff all the time. My doctor said it was bursitis. Then my husband had a bad fall in 2012 and shattered his left ankle. He had many surgeries and doesn't have any bones in his ankle and has to wear a special brace. That made stairs even more of a problem. His ankle is all arthritis but at least he still has his foot. Anyway, the winters were terrible for both of us and the humidity in the summers were making us feel "old". We moved to AZ in 2014 and I can't tell you how much better we both feel. My bursitis has been completely gone for 5 years. His ankle does not "throb" like it use to, either. I firmly believe climate has a lot to do with our aches and pains.

Quote Originally Posted by slobee View Post
    I was diagnosed with trochanteris bursitis in both hips. Painful & have had it for a long time. It gets better but mine never goes away.
    Not sure the type I have but I hope it will get better like yours. It's a royal pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    When we lived in PA, our house was on several levels and stairs were getting really difficult for me as my left hip was aching and stiff all the time. My doctor said it was bursitis. Then my husband had a bad fall in 2012 and shattered his left ankle. He had many surgeries and doesn't have any bones in his ankle and has to wear a special brace. That made stairs even more of a problem. His ankle is all arthritis but at least he still has his foot. Anyway, the winters were terrible for both of us and the humidity in the summers were making us feel "old". We moved to AZ in 2014 and I can't tell you how much better we both feel. My bursitis has been completely gone for 5 years. His ankle does not "throb" like it use to, either. I firmly believe climate has a lot to do with our aches and pains.
    Yes, the weather definitely effects it, on rainy and snowy days it hurts so much. Going up stairs is something I have to do every day. Wish I could live in a dry climate like you. I'm glad you both got relief.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.