Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The last decade of our lives seems more challenging than the others-how do I/we survive

Yesterday we went to the Golden Spike Celebration so nothing done at home. Got my mother’s day loot. The dragon dishes my daughter gave me-some will be displayed, the rest remain packed. My husband has a hand injury and drops everything. The Sees candy from my son’s girlfriend, she always comes through,YAY. Great harvest gift cards from my son, yummy.

Seeing the granddaughter and family-always the best gift of all! I wished my daughter and her family would have come yesterday, but nope, ever the drama queen she stayed in the cabin they rented till they leave. Joey asked if she was coming and I said no. He’s seen the last of her.

On my first mother’s day with husband, 47 years ago, he got me-nothing. Even though I had my son from my first marriage. I asked him why no gift. His reply-“you are not my mother”. Little did I know that any gifts from him would be few and far between. When I asked him about this his reply-“Go buy what you want.” Sigh. Such a romantic, lol.

Anyhow, back to packing. I’m still pretty upset about Friday and the way my husband behaved. But if I stayed mad because he’s a butt head, I’d always be mad. Plus, I’d be like him never happy, and he’s rarely happy. This is why I love my little car. Instead of having to stay home and put up with his-I’m the expert attitude-I got in my car and left.

Bought myself some new colorful socks that I wanted for his mother’s day present to me. Then I went to a movie. Ugh, it was three hours long, dragged like a snail in molasses, should of chosen a different show. Husband made two trips in the van when he should have made three. Then our neighbor thought they were meeting at the house so he came home.

Leaving my husband stranded at the uhaul. LOL. Husband called me at the movie, didn’t answer till I got out and then called him back. He said he got stranded and had to walk to the bus stop and take a bus to about a mile or so from our house. Poor baby he had to walk. LMAO. But I am not mean. I told him I would come get him and give him a ride home.

Neighbor felt really bad. As I’ve said before, he’s like a son. I thought funny, funny, funny. Oh, well, back to packing. The stuff just keeps piling up. When we get to the apartment I will evaluate everything as I unpack and toss stuff. But really it won’t be that much that goes. We downsized when we moved before, we are using the same containers, so no big increase.

I caught a “bug” at the park. I hope this flu doesn’t last too long. I need to keep packing, but tummy is killing me.

Asked my husband to take two jars of left over pickle juice out to the trash, and he drops the jars, on the carpet, they open, and the juice spills all over the carpet. Sigh. Roll the carpet up, take it to the dump. Lovely.

Yesterday I asked my husband to put a small cabinet into the garage. Yup, he’d do it as soon as he did this other thing he wanted to do. Which translates to I’m not going to do it until you ask me a hundred times; and he didn’t. This morning I was able to “walk” the cabinet out to the garage.

Then I went to start packing dishes. Oh wait, we bought containers. Where are they? In the garage, sigh, so I have to bring them into the house, one my one. Just getting my steps in. I threw away some dishes that we never use. Packed two cabinets of dishes and packed one cabinet of pans.

Then I went to put the fragrance thingies in so the house would smell fresh, cause we have a dog. Looked around where are they? Yup, he left them in the car. At least I can lift all of them at once. Bring them in, plug them in. Lavender which is supposed to help my fibromyalgia. Two birds with one stone, lol.

Alrighty, then he comes downstairs and I ask does him want to rent the apartment now or June 1. It’s always best to let him choose and it doesn’t matter to me. He is suddenly in a rush to move. June 1. Then it hit the fan. He says he will move into the apartment, the single level apartment, and I can live in the house that he insisted on buying with all the stairs.

What? WHAT? The person who didn’t want to buy the house, the person with severe spinal issues should stay in the stair house till it sells. The overweight person who wanted the upstairs bedroom and is now tired of walking upstairs wants to move to the one level apartment. And I can just keep on using those stairs.

He says we can afford the double rent for a few months till the house sells. Hmm. I say since we can afford double rent now, we can afford double rent for forever. So why doesn’t he move into the apartment and once the house sells, I will move into a different apartment. Yup, he says no, as he has always says no.

Then, of course, we had to get into a discussion about how it’s my fault we have to sell the house cause I have a problem with stairs. What? Finally, I told him to keep the house. I will happily take a one bedroom apartment which he can pay for, and he refused.

It became a non issue when the apartment we wanted to rent was not available. Instead he rented the three bedroom apartment which is not available until the end of June. But it is way expensive. Course, he walked up four levels of stairs to see it, with no problem at all. I waited at the bottom. If the house doesn’t sell, we will lose the deposit.

We were able to return some scaffolding we bought recently so that was good. I had him take his pictures off his wall so I could wrap them in bubble wrap tomorrow and pack them. I’ll wrap more dishes. Bought a small can of paint to repaint a pealing place in the laundry room. He already put mud on it.

He muddied some more nail holes, and hopefully will get them painted tomorrow. It is all progressing. Oh, and I bought some clearance flowers today for my pots which are empty. It’s suppose to rain tomorrow. Then I can weed the back gardens and see if I need to replace flowers there. I do in one spot that I know of.

It was an eventful day. Glad it’s over.

Getting up and packing at 4am, when I have my most energy, is getting old, lol.

What a day! Packed some more stuff, I think I’m finally seeing an end to it all. Went to Lowe’s and they had a lot of plants on clearance YAY, bought about a 100 dollars worth to make the yard look great. Several of my plants won’t come up till later. Spent about five hours planting. I have to go slow. Tomorrow will plant more. It’s supposed to rain tonight.

Hope the pansies live through June. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. Got lots marigolds and the petunias were only 50 cents a piece. A few bigger annuals 3 dollars a piece. Once we can spray the rocked areas for weeds it will look great. Checked the apartment and it said it had a two bedroom available but web site was wrong. Took a one bedroom.

The three bedroom was just too expensive. The one bedroom is a disabled unit so that is great!

It’s supposed to rain the next three days. When he got up we rushed to Home Depot and rented a sander. We had painted the patio last year and all the paint bubble up and pealed off. Sigh. It has to be repainted. We bought the paint, rented the sander, got the old paint sanded off, and now we can repaint. When it stops raining.

Got permission from the group home for Joey to have the red recliner he loves at our house. They will somehow fit it into the living room. Will take it over Sunday and that’s done. Husband is in much better mood today so getting a lot more done. YAY. We are behind schedule, but not a lot. We are both tired and stressed.

I am so tired of packing. I just want to throw it all away. Plus I overdid it yesterday so tired and sore and not sleeping well. I just want to get into my car and drive away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.