Any Way to Keep Those Thin Crawly Silver Bugs Out of Cardboard Boxes With Paper In Them.

Any Way to Keep Those Thin Crawly Silver Bugs Out of Cardboard Boxes With Paper In Them.

Are there any tricks to keeping those thin silver crawly bugs out of cardboard boxes and paper files. I've come across a few in attic stored boxes of late. Some of those boxes haven't been touched in years so I guess they thought it was a safe home.

But are there any scents or materials other than a plastic or metal container to keep them out. File boxes in a basement environment don't seem to get them, only the attic.

I hate silverfish. They destroy anything paper, including books. Boric acid is supposed to kill them. A plastic bag will keep them out.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Grampa Don View Post
    I hate silverfish. They destroy anything paper, including books. Boric acid is supposed to kill them. A plastic bag will keep them out.

Don
    In cardboard boxes I frequently put stuff in a plastic shopping bag(files fit pretty cleanly into dollar store type/sized bag) to keep moisture & mold out as much as anything but they don't have the silver fish problems so I'm already changing old boxes for new and putting the papers/files in a plastic bag before boxing them.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    I buy 2 or 2 1/2-gallon ziplock bags. Anything paper that I store away goes into those first and then into a box. It keeps all the bugs at bay.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.