Results 1 to 14 of 14

Welcome to my Garden

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,429

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,429

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Nashville TN
    Posts
    1,095
    You posted pics of two of my most favorite plants!! I planted a clematis for Paige to grow around her mailbox. Deep purple flowers (her favorite color) and it looks spectacular!! And hostas to liven up a shaded area of her exterior because I know how hardy they are and how lovely they look, though my fave is the variegated variety. (Can’t remember the name of the ones
    I planted for her)
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    4,321
    Just beautiful Keesha. I also have these plants. I love the Hostas. I saw a new variety recently call Praying Hands. It is an upright variety,dark green with ripples. Maybe next year I'll add it to my garden.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    491
    Very pretty, Keesha. Nice photos.

    Don

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London England
    Posts
    49,250
    Lovely Keesha...we have pink clematis trailing over the fence in our garden too

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    16,073
    Oh I do love the clematis. That's one plant I've never grown, I guess due to no trellis or fence.

    This hostas are my favorite kind! Huge, blue-green leaves. Very nice pics!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    44

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    21,013
    Very beautiful Keesha.
    Boomer Senior

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    351
    Very Nice, and very beautiful...
    Don't look at me in that Tone...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronni View Post
    You posted pics of two of my most favorite plants!! I planted a clematis for Paige to grow around her mailbox. Deep purple flowers (her favorite color) and it looks spectacular!! And hostas to liven up a shaded area of her exterior because I know how hardy they are and how lovely they look, though my fave is the variegated variety. (Can’t remember the name of the ones
    I planted for her)
    Thank you Ronni. Clematis & Hostas are some of my top favourites too.
    Clematis flowers are so striking. They last for a long time and even their seed pods look interesting.
    Hostas I’ve grown to love. We’ve been here so long that the trees have grown and we now get more shaded areas where hostas thrive. Plus they are a perfect plant for the root of Clematis since they like their roots shaded. They pair well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth n Jersey View Post
    Just beautiful Keesha. I also have these plants. I love the Hostas. I saw a new variety recently call Praying Hands. It is an upright variety,dark green with ripples. Maybe next year I'll add it to my garden.
    Thank you Ruth. I’ve seen those praying hands type that you speak of. They are nice looking and so easy to care for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grampa Don View Post
    Very pretty, Keesha. Nice photos.

    Don
    Thank you Don.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    Lovely Keesha...we have pink clematis trailing over the fence in our garden too
    Thank you Holly. The pink and purple varieties are my favourites but the blue and white ones come in a close second.
    Dont they look lovely flowing over a fence. They have such elegance to them and make such a classy appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    Oh I do love the clematis. That's one plant I've never grown, I guess due to no trellis or fence.

    This hostas are my favorite kind! Huge, blue-green leaves. Very nice pics!
    Thank you RaddishRose. You can get some types that don’t require a Clematis. They arent the climbing kind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob1950 View Post
    That’s a robust type . What kind is it Bob.

    Quote Originally Posted by chic View Post
    Very beautiful Keesha.
    Thank you chic.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4lorie View Post
    Very Nice, and very beautiful...
    Thank you Mike.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,429
    In the back I have a lilac garden with a variety of different lilacs. The scent is gorgeous and perfect for spring as the windows get opened. The regular lilacs have come and gone but I thought Id capture some other types I have.

    These are french lilacs which are past their prime but they are more pinkish than our domestic varieties.
    45851FCF-A8D9-4B8A-8A01-74E525294989.jpg

    White ones

    26D23D4D-7A9D-4A8B-81A1-61AB2D9F1D35.jpg

    And my favourite which are these ones. They are so detailed

    6990A2FE-A238-46E6-A92D-86A7425AEA87.jpg

    2CA4DFDA-3552-4098-B044-F93D22A4311B.jpg

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,429

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Connecticut USA
    Posts
    16,073
    Lilacs. How I miss them! Yours are beautiful, Keesha.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Is anyone thinking about their garden yet?
    By Ruth n Jersey in forum Home
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 01:12 PM
  2. Flowers from our garden
    By Ameriscot in forum Photography
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2016, 12:06 AM
  3. Garden Pics
    By fureverywhere in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 12:00 PM
  4. A few pics of our garden
    By Ameriscot in forum Photography
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 09:01 AM
  5. Getting ready to garden
    By rkunsaw in forum Home
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum